VizionEck Battle

Started by Legend, May 31, 2015, 10:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

What if players could fight the infection?

Every human is a real player and the alpha zombie is also a real player. When a humen is killed, they don't respawn. Instead their body stays there for a few seconds as the infection takes over. Soon a CPU is in charge and trying to kill humans. However the player is still in there too, trying to fight off the CPU and not kill the humans. CPU has 75% of control, player has 25%. Maybe have player control fade in and out.

Thus the goal never changes, and no players are stuck on the sidelines once killed. Also would make for fun voice chat, warning the humans you're coming.

the-pi-guy

I've on played the CoD zombies.  Your complaints seem to be reminiscent of turned mode, but your positive suggestions are much like the original mode.  
At least in the first comment.  

Legend

Has it really been over a year since the last post in this thread? Developing a multiplayer game is odd.

Almost all my time with Battle has just been spent refining the gameplay. I prototype new mechanics and throw away old ones so often. Making an arcade FPS is so fun.

Right now the game feels like it has a good amount of strategy options so that's nice. I'm using every button except L3 and R3 though so hopefully I can optomize that a bit. Just today I added a mechanic that uses all of the d-pad so it was lucky I wasn't already using that.

More or less though I think Battle is pretty close to its final form. Now if only raw gameplay of it wasn't so confussing...

Legend

Unity doesn't support multiple audio listeners. Splitscreen just isn't that popular I guess. So now I'm having to create my own audio system for Battle.

Works out I guess but it'll be pretty basic.

the-pi-guy

Right now the game feels like it has a good amount of strategy options so that's nice. I'm using every button except L3 and R3 though so hopefully I can optomize that a bit. Just today I added a mechanic that uses all of the d-pad so it was lucky I wasn't already using that.
What would be really cool is using every button several times over.  ;)
(I actually wanted to do something kinda like that.  Every button except the directional buttons.)

Unity doesn't support multiple audio listeners. Splitscreen just isn't that popular I guess. So now I'm having to create my own audio system for Battle.
Works out I guess but it'll be pretty basic.
Clearly the solution is to switch between each one.  Just enable and disable each one like 60 times a second!
(I know nothing.)

Legend

What would be really cool is using every button several times over.  ;)
(I actually wanted to do something kinda like that.  Every button except the directional buttons.)
Clearly the solution is to switch between each one.  Just enable and disable each one like 60 times a second!
(I know nothing.)
I'm still planning to have fully customizable controls so if you want to play the game with everything mapped to combinations, be my guest  ;)

The audio problem is that you don't want sounds playing twice. Instead for each sound you determine the closest/highest priority player and play it based off that distance and angle data.

the-pi-guy

I'm still planning to have fully customizable controls so if you want to play the game with everything mapped to combinations, be my guest  ;)

Nah, it'd be great for certain kinds of games.  
Like say for Avatar the last Airbender.  You could hit a directional button to change the entire moveset.  
Maybe up turns all moves to fire, down turns all moves to water. Etc.  Up+down turns all moves to ____.

The audio problem is that you don't want sounds playing twice. Instead for each sound you determine the closest/highest priority player and play it based off that distance and angle data.
Is it possible to send the audio directly to the PS4 controller?  Each controller would get its own sound with its own specific volume based off that specific players distance and angle data.  

Legend

Nah, it'd be great for certain kinds of games.  
Like say for Avatar the last Airbender.  You could hit a directional button to change the entire moveset.  
Maybe up turns all moves to fire, down turns all moves to water. Etc.  Up+down turns all moves to ____.

Is it possible to send the audio directly to the PS4 controller?  Each controller would get its own sound with its own specific volume based off that specific players distance and angle data.  
Yup I plan/hope to have that audio option but most players will want the sound coming out of their speakers like it does for every other multiplayer game. I've been pulling out all my old splitscreen games to experiment and see how they do it. It's surprising how well the brain can ignore other player's audio.

Go Up