Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

CNN estimates the cost of Wii U's parts to be $228
That's bill of materials, there's packaging, assembly and shipping putting the cost of the Wii U close to, if not more than 300 dollars.  The parts also won't depreciate because no one manufactures PPC except for the fabs making Xenos and their espresso processor and a few others.  Making a binary compatible GPU with their older Artx GPU probably didn't do them any favours either.

Legend

Is Nintendo "back?" NX hype is good, Zelda hype is great, and Pokemon love is through the roof. Last time they had this much going for them was 10 years ago.

the-pi-guy

Is Nintendo "back?" NX hype is good, Zelda hype is great, and Pokemon love is through the roof. Last time they had this much going for them was 10 years ago.
A lot of that depends on what the NX ends up being and how well they support it.

Legend

darkknightkryta

So I started Persona Idol edition... I mean Tokyo Mirage.

Legend

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

So how does catching gen 1 pokemon work now?

Legend

Nintendo has to be happy  ;D

darkknightkryta

So I finally found the notes for Wind Waker (Like two months ago, but I was lazy to post).  They were on the tablet screen when I would bring up the baton O_O.

So I was thinking of the detachable controllers for the NX.  I think they might have planned a free form display like the mockup that person trolled people with.  But with controls that change with the game on screen.  But it didn't work out too well so they switched to detachable controllers that third parties could sell (Like those Wii attachments).  What do you guys think?

Legend

So I finally found the notes for Wind Waker (Like two months ago, but I was lazy to post).  They were on the tablet screen when I would bring up the baton O_O.

So I was thinking of the detachable controllers for the NX.  I think they might have planned a free form display like the mockup that person trolled people with.  But with controls that change with the game on screen.  But it didn't work out too well so they switched to detachable controllers that third parties could sell (Like those Wii attachments).  What do you guys think?
Like this?

We (including you) talked about it in the NX thread: NX Thread!!! Now you Playing with Power ???? - Page 10

darkknightkryta

Like this?

We (including you) talked about it in the NX thread: NX Thread!!! Now you Playing with Power ???? - Page 10
Exactly.  Maybe they were planning changeable buttons via touch screen but that obviously doesn't work.  So maybe they're switching to that.

Legend

Exactly.  Maybe they were planning changeable buttons via touch screen but that obviously doesn't work.  So maybe they're switching to that.
That would suck so much though. Publishers would make less money and consumers would have to juggle a bunch of one off controllers.

darkknightkryta

That would suck so much though. Publishers would make less money and consumers would have to juggle a bunch of one off controllers.
Or will they make more money?  This can be the new Skylanders/Amiibos.  Imagine all the parents having to buy these addons extra (Games won't require them) because Billy down the street has one and their kid Jimmy has to have one too.

Legend

Or will they make more money?  This can be the new Skylanders/Amiibos.  Imagine all the parents having to buy these addons extra (Games won't require them) because Billy down the street has one and their kid Jimmy has to have one too.
If the add ons are optional then that'd work since they can charge extra for them.

But man would it screw over the gameplay.

Go Up