No Man's Sky PC delayed 3 days: finally confirmed

Started by Legend, Jul 23, 2016, 04:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

PC release was delayed 2-3 days depending on region.

Legend

Two days later and we still have no clue what's up. The Hello Game's PR let's this happen way too often.

kitler53

Two days later and we still have no clue what's up. The Hello Game's PR let's this happen way too often.
why should they make a statement?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

why should they make a statement?
Because people have been freaking out online and a few news articles have even popped up: No Man's Sky PC release date may have been pushed back very slightly | PC Gamer

Could so simply just tweet "No the release date wasn't changed, we'll update the wording" and end this carnival of stupid.

No Man's Sky PC release pushed back | Polygon

kitler53

yeah,. no.  it's a 2 day delay.  what-the-fudgy-ever.

the-pi-guy

yeah,. no.  it's a 2 day delay.  what-the-fudgy-ever.
"BUT I NEED IT NOW!"  

Hype this game might deserve - 80+/100
Hype this game is receiving - 400+/100

kitler53

"BUT I NEED IT NOW!"  

Hype this game might deserve - 80+/100
Hype this game is receiving - 400+/100
i think the hype is in check right now.  uncharted had waaaay more hype going into release.  no man's sky was obnoxious for a while but seems to have died down on how each new video shows the same thing as the last.  a lack of depth fear is kicking in.

Legend

Has a non sketchy game ever been this bad at talking to the community?

Hello Games has still not commented on the PC delay. This is just a freakin 3-2 potential day delay that Hello Games themselves revealed, so why are they ignoring it? Would be so easy to tweet out a confirmation, or just respond to any of the journalist inquiries. Hopefully it's not a sign of the delay actually being worse.

DerNebel

i think the hype is in check right now.  uncharted had waaaay more hype going into release.  no man's sky was obnoxious for a while but seems to have died down on how each new video shows the same thing as the last.  a lack of depth fear is kicking in.
You're just not checking the right places. Reddit has been head over heels for NMS for years now (even though you will find plenty doubters there too) and that still hasn't changed. I think the NMS subreddit has over 70k subscribers, that is more than any other Sony exclusive out there by far. And all that over a game that has shown people the same thing for over two years now.

Legend

Another day, and still no word from Hello Games.

Maybe they're waiting for Friday to announce the "bad news?" It's just so freaking odd that 11 days out from release we don't know when PC is coming.

NeverDies

Well, I was probably going to get it on the PS4 anyways. So I don't mind. :D
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

I didn't know you cared for it.

I was planning PC.

the-pi-guy

I didn't know you cared for it.
I was planning PC.
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

On a slightly similar, but also completely different unrelated note.  Both of my parents once bought me the same game for my birthday, so I had two copies.  This reminded me of that.  

DerNebel

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

On a slightly similar, but also completely different unrelated note.  Both of my parents once bought me the same game for my birthday, so I had two copies.  This reminded me of that.  
2 Days before christmas last year my father bought himself the same game I had gotten for him, so I had to very unsubtly remind him that he might want to return the game. :D

Legend

Still no official news on when the PC release is. Gosh darn I want to buy on PC but 5 days from PS4 release, we're still stuck in the dark.

It's kinda making me hope the delay isn't real. A good game company surely can't be this incompetent with PR, right?