previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Jul 21, 2016, 03:43 AM Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016, 03:51 AM by Legend
What's huge?
I made the thread before watching it.

The wind is huge.

But for real, gameplay looked kinda good. Wind actually seemed fun here. The graphics seem to have gotten even worse and the dialogue continues to feel canned, but this did actually improve my opinion on the game.

EDT: but like dang, that tornado would look bad even for a 360 game.

kitler53

better footage than at e3 but does little to change my opinion of the game. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i dont get why you have to take cover behind something from lighting that is coming down from the sky. this "action" sequence makes no sense to me... why take cover.. just walk towards the bits where lighting is coming at you, its really that simple. also... i mean... this is the exact same thing that happened in the E3 demo.. just how many times is this lighting thing gonna come in the game?

a lot of the physics is calculated and cached and isnt dynamic. but at least in this demo its a lot better than in the previous ones.

another thing i want to note is the dialogue. The Coalition is going for a dark and horror themed game, but the dialogue obviously wants to be that funny and light hearted joking around like Uncharted. you cant have it both ways, it totally undermines the seriousness of the situation.

though this is the best demo they showed of the game though. but still pretty average at best.

Aura7541

another thing i want to note is the dialogue. The Coalition is going for a dark and horror themed game, but the dialogue obviously wants to be that funny and light hearted joking around like Uncharted. you cant have it both ways, it totally undermines the seriousness of the situation.
Glad that I'm not the only one that had this impression. The dialogue is too detached to the point that it even gets cringey at times.

the-pi-guy

Finally watched it.  
Have to say, dialogue feels a little better than what I've seen before.  But this section feels more like bad voice acting more so than bad script (but still has plenty of bad script), which previously felt like a lot of both.

Have mixed feelings about the visuals.  Some parts look pretty decent, and others look really bad.  Kinda remind me of early 360 era.  

i dont get why you have to take cover behind something from lighting that is coming down from the sky. this "action" sequence makes no sense to me... why take cover.. just walk towards the bits where lighting is coming at you, its really that simple. also... i mean... this is the exact same thing that happened in the E3 demo.. just how many times is this lighting thing gonna come in the game?

a lot of the physics is calculated and cached and isnt dynamic. but at least in this demo its a lot better than in the previous ones.

though this is the best demo they showed of the game though. but still pretty average at best.
They are hiding from the wind not the lightning is my guess.  
I don't really feel the funny or the light heartedness.  It just seems kinda lame...

BananaKing

Glad that I'm not the only one that had this impression. The dialogue is too detached to the point that it even gets cringey at times.
it is. it totally undermines the whole seriousness of the situation. what makes it worse is that it isnt even funny.
Finally watched it.  
Have to say, dialogue feels a little better than what I've seen before.  But this section feels more like bad voice acting more so than bad script (but still has plenty of bad script), which previously felt like a lot of both.

Have mixed feelings about the visuals.  Some parts look pretty decent, and others look really bad.  Kinda remind me of early 360 era.  
They are hiding from the wind not the lightning is my guess.  
I don't really feel the funny or the light heartedness.  It just seems kinda lame...
visually it looks good IMO, lighting at times is great. but there is stark difference between it and Uncharted 4, for example.

its clear they are hiding from the lightning, as they even comment about it not hitting them. its just a bad sequence IMO.

the dialogue is just out of place, and its bad. they couldnt even throw in something that is actually funny.

Ludicrous Speed

mmm that brutality. Can't wait.