The Fight Stick Thread!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Aug 07, 2015, 04:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

I'm having a hard time getting blender to make the part the size that I need. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Ask noodly

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well here's my no solder design. Basically you'll insert the wire though the opposite side and crimp them  around in the square shapes. You'll then attach the block the the DS4's PCB with screws in the bigger holes on the side.

Only problem is this model is messing up when i try to upload it to shapeways.com. It's putting walls in the model that aren't there. I think i know what went wrong and how to fix it, but it will take remolding all over again.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 16, 2015, 01:58 AM Last Edit: Aug 16, 2015, 02:43 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Does this link work for anyone else?

Sign In to Shapeways

Anyone?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I got 2.0 of the block done and place an order with shape way.  I hope everything is right with the block I didn't test this one with a printed paper. But I change the way a measured everything and it should be right. The old block nearly worked it just got off a few wire in one row.

http://shpws.me/JH14

Check it out. in their preview on side of the block is missing holes. But it's not like that in the real model just use the second view to check the block out.

darkknightkryta

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 24, 2015, 02:10 AM Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 02:12 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
So shapeways is printing the block right now. I should have it soonish. IT's not a fast process, almost two weeks I think. I've also come up with away to use the options and share button with out soldering to the board.  Utilizing the left over rumble motors. Making this a completely solder free mod.

If this works out I might be able to make some decent side money on this as everyone seems to be pushed towards cannibalizing the hori pad over a DS4 because the DS4 is so hard to solder to.

Oh and my Hori hayabusa restriction gate is almost done, I've just been so busy with my wife over the past few days i can't finish it. But it's on the block for this week.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's in the mail!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Okay.. So i have the block. The good news is, The wires all line up where they should and the block fits nicely on to the PCB. The bad news... the holes for the wires didn't form. I guess they are too small... So i'll have to find a drill bit, I think Its a 50 bit and make the holes pass threw the block. Now this kind of messes my plan up of selling them.

darkknightkryta

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'll have to look into their other materials. This one is very dusty, but it will work anyway.

darkknightkryta

Madcatz announced a new mini stick

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 30, 2015, 01:41 AM Last Edit: Aug 30, 2015, 02:06 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Madcatz announced a new mini stick
Link?

This shame is starting to bug me. I think I had it figured out, had a few of the button working, like home and x before I went to go see my wife. Then I made the rest of the pins and put it all together and can't get any thing to work now. Maybe I need to to re think my design. Or just be like most everyone else and give and and use a hori pad instead. Sony made this thing really hard to Mod.

darkknightkryta

Link?

This shame is starting to bug me. I think I had it figured out, had a few of the button working, like home and x before I went to go see my wife. Then I made the rest of the pins and put it all together and can't get any thing to work now. Maybe I need to to re think my design. Or just be like most everyone else and give and and use a hori pad instead. Sony made this thing really hard to Mod.
Mad Catz Unveils Street Fighter V Arcade Stick and Controller | Shoryuken

Maybe you have to solder the buttons right onto pad?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mad Catz Unveils Street Fighter V Arcade Stick and Controller | Shoryuken

Maybe you have to solder the buttons right onto pad?
I think its because because my pins are hand made and lack consistency. I have one last idea, just haven't had the time or energy to do it yet. If not I'll scrap the ds4 and try one of the new madcatz pads.

darkknightkryta

Ugh,  the Chun Li stick is 360.

Go Up