No Man's Sky OT: My god it's full of stars

Started by Legend, Jul 17, 2015, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Jul 20, 2015, 02:24 PM Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 02:25 PM by Legend
I had a dream I played NMS and it was amazing. I was dreaming I was on vacation at Disney World. We get there, get to the park, get in line for a ride, and wait. It comes to my attention that this ride is No Man's Sky. I get to the loading area, a neon room looking like a space hanger. Then I sit down at a computer and just play the game haha.

I was in a lush alien city, with cool buildings and hedged flora. It was at night with a little rain, but the city lights made me see fine. I ended up in a battle against a robo trex like in Horizon. I'm jumping around the alien world but still getting hurt. I call my ship which comes rolling in like the batmobile and starts auto shooting the trex. Right as I board the ship, the game demo ends.

Legend

DD_Bwest

This game will become my life lol  

I remember them saying something about being hard to find your friends.. we need to figure out a spot to set up a rendezvous lol

Legend

This game will become my life lol  

I remember them saying something about being hard to find your friends.. we need to figure out a spot to set up a rendezvous lol
Doesn't necessarily work that way. Even if two people are in the same place, you might not see each other.

DD_Bwest

Doesn't necessarily work that way. Even if two people are in the same place, you might not see each other.
Awe really? That ruins some plans lol

Still gonna use all the names of david ryder for animal names om a planet lol

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

http://assets4.ign.com//videos//zencoder//2015//7//22//1920//8af11b80e75f3c246b675f034331ce0d-5000000-1437571764-w.mp4
That video confirms my fear of repeating assets. How many times can you see a two legged animal hunched over with different things attached to it before you get bored?

Legend

That video confirms my fear of repeating assets. How many times can you see a two legged animal hunched over with different things attached to it before you get bored?
Probably around a 100, but it looks like they have tons of different base shapes as well. Might only see a "two legged animal hunched over with different things attached to it" on one planet per 100.

Rain

Does anyone know if this is going to be a full priced game? Price will play a big role in deciding if I want this Day 1 or not.

Looks 'big' enough to cost $60 but I already know I'm not willing to pay that. I'm afraid the game will be a huge world with nothing to do...
I enjoy the *Sound Of Rain

kitler53

depends on how many base assets they have.  i remember a statement a long time ago saying they had the whole team working on making as many assets as possible to populate their world.  

if they have thousands of base assets with billions of variants each you might not feel like the assets are ever repeating.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Does anyone know if this is going to be a full priced game? Price will play a big role in deciding if I want this Day 1 or not.

Looks 'big' enough to cost $60 but I already know I'm not willing to pay that. I'm afraid the game will be a huge world with nothing to do...
We have no clue about the price.

I understand your fears about having nothing to do. Sure there are a fair amount of things you can do, but we know pretty much nothing about them or how repetitive they are.

Plus No Man's Sky has been "lifed" up for the demos. In the real game, life is only on about 1 out of 100 planets. We have no clue what unique features and gameplay are set up for dead areas.

Rain

We have no clue about the price.

I understand your fears about having nothing to do. Sure there are a fair amount of things you can do, but we know pretty much nothing about them or how repetitive they are.

Plus No Man's Sky has been "lifed" up for the demos. In the real game, life is only on about 1 out of 100 planets. We have no clue what unique features and gameplay are set up for dead areas.
That kind of sounds sheisty to me unfortunately. Why demo the parts about the game you will only be playing 1% of the time? Sounds like they might be hiding the fact that the other 99% is repetitive or empty. I could be wrong of course. Not to mention, some people will still enjoy exploring the potentially empty planets but I'm still hesitant

Legend

That kind of sounds sheisty to me unfortunately. Why demo the parts about the game you will only be playing 1% of the time? Sounds like they might be hiding the fact that the other 99% is repetitive or empty. I could be wrong of course. Not to mention, some people will still enjoy exploring the potentially empty planets but I'm still hesitant
For me personally, I like having life rare. It's more realistic and makes it special.

Rain

For me personally, I like having life rare. It's more realistic and makes it special.
That's true, it's better than having life on every single planet. I think a balance would've been nice tho. Like, have life on maybe 1 out of every 5 planets or even 1 out of every 10 but 1 out of 100...I could potentially be playing for 10 hours before seeing any life  :-\

Legend

Jul 23, 2015, 03:35 PM Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 06:15 PM by Legend
That's true, it's better than having life on every single planet. I think a balance would've been nice tho. Like, have life on maybe 1 out of every 5 planets or even 1 out of every 10 but 1 out of 100...I could potentially be playing for 10 hours before seeing any life  :-\
Correction:

1 in 10 has life.

1 in 100 has complex life AKA dinosaurs or such.

Go Up