No Man's Sky OT: My god it's full of stars

Started by Legend, Jul 17, 2015, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

New trailer leaked. Here is a temporary spot to see it:

Doesn't look that great, but this trailer seems very unfinished. The final one will probably have different editing.

Does show off personal AI though! "Enemy approaching" so it's like everyone has a ghost from destiny.

the-pi-guy

I think the game will be good, maybe even great.  
But people need to be realistic about it.  :)

BananaKing

New trailer leaked. Here is a temporary spot to see it:

Doesn't look that great, but this trailer seems very unfinished. The final one will probably have different editing.

Does show off personal AI though! "Enemy approaching" so it's like everyone has a ghost from destiny.
combat looks so fudgy bad.

Legend

combat looks so fudgy bad.
Here's the official trailer. Is it better in HD?!?!?!?

Legend

I think the game will be good, maybe even great.  
But people need to be realistic about it.  :)
I'm kinda shocked. Within the past few days, especially with the new trailer, the big nms communities have started to finally show some reserve. Like they still think the game will be awesome of course, but they're aware issues and problems with it are possible. It's refreshing!!!

Also the No Man's Sky beta leaked, hehehe: beta

DerNebel

I'm kinda shocked. Within the past few days, especially with the new trailer, the big nms communities have started to finally show some reserve. Like they still think the game will be awesome of course, but they're aware issues and problems with it are possible. It's refreshing!!!

Also the No Man's Sky beta leaked, hehehe: beta

The No Man's Sky community is weird to me anyway, how such a big and feverishly obsessed community can even form around a game from a no name studio that none of these people have ever played is absolutely beyond me. I mean yeah the game looked interesting when it was first announced (it has long since stopped doing that for me), but it still didn't look anywhere near good enough to deserve this.

I'm completely fed up with delays but I've never seen a reaction to a delay that was as appaling as the reaction to NMS was for instance and I have seen many delays happen including games that have been in development far longer.

The fear that NMS may turn out to be one, if not the single most disappointing game of the generation is very real imo and the sad thing is that a lot of that can be put on the community for completely overhyping the whole thing.

Legend

Well this sucks:

The No Man's Sky community is weird to me anyway, how such a big and feverishly obsessed community can even form around a game from a no name studio that none of these people have ever played is absolutely beyond me. I mean yeah the game looked interesting when it was first announced (it has long since stopped doing that for me), but it still didn't look anywhere near good enough to deserve this.

I'm completely fed up with delays but I've never seen a reaction to a delay that was as appaling as the reaction to NMS was for instance and I have seen many delays happen including games that have been in development far longer.

The fear that NMS may turn out to be one, if not the single most disappointing game of the generation is very real imo and the sad thing is that a lot of that can be put on the community for completely overhyping the whole thing.
Yeah the delay response caused me to unsubscribe from that subreddit.

I'm just happy that finally there just seems to be a less toxic fanbase growing. I'm really hyped for the game and want to actually discuss it.

the-pi-guy

They made Legend Danger.  The first one only sold about 100k apparently.  
Would be funny if that audience did not overlap at all with NMS's.  

the-pi-guy

No Man's Sky: Dutch-based company claims Hello Games used patented superformula to create game

"We haven't provided a license to Hello Games", states Jeroen Sparrow from the Dutch based company Genicap, who emphasizes that the licensing system is put in place to protect its customers. "We don't want to stop the launch, but if the formula is used we'll need to have a talk."

Sean Murray has stated that Hello Games' No Man's Sky is using a "superformula."

No Man's Sky

In an interview with Business Insider (via NeoGaf) last year, Murray discussed using a formula from a Belgium-based plant geneticist named Johan Gielis. According to Geilis, his "superformula" was "a modified version of the equation for a circle" that allowed a computer to generate a generous amount of natural shapes (like animals, shells, snowflakes and more).

Unfortunately, Geilis is a part of the Dutch company - he's the CRO and he has patented the application of the "superformula." Geilis could only patent the application, considering patenting mathematical formulas isn't allowed.

In 2004, Geilis patented the concept of using his fomula to "create 2-D images, 3-D images and/or animations."

Legend

Better than the last trailer at least, but this sure doesn't look like trading. It's mining.

the-pi-guy

Trade: 95% about mining, 5% about trading.  

Legend

Legend

Legend

Seems the game repeats A LOT of assets.

Planets use the same cloud texture from a distance is the thing people are freaking out about right now.

DerNebel

Seems the game repeats A LOT of assets.

Planets use the same cloud texture from a distance is the thing people are freaking out about right now.
Seriously that's the thing people are worrying about now? That's ridiculous.

I do find it pretty funny however that people are now coming to the realization that the game may not be all that they have been telling themselves it is for the last 2.5 years.

Go Up