VizionEck will not be 4K on PS4

Started by Legend, Jun 20, 2017, 08:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I talked about it in the past and for a while had it working, but this close to launch I can confirm it'll render native 1080p. I tried native 4K and the framerate suffered a lot. Was a locked 30fps. Plus I couldn't even see an image improvement. 1800p ran fine but at that point why even bother.

So I'm just going with 1080p and calling it a day. You'll have to play it on PS4 Pro if you want native 4K. Sorry.

ethomaz

Legend

1080p@60fps?
1080p@60fps.

I'm not one that cares too much about 60fps vs 30fps, but I knew I'd get slaughtered if a game looking like VizionEck wasn't 60  ::)

Dr. Pezus

Pro master race!

ethomaz

1080p@60fps.

I'm not one that cares too much about 60fps vs 30fps, but I knew I'd get slaughtered if a game looking like VizionEck wasn't 60  ::)
That is cool.

Legend

That is cool.
It's fun optimizing. A lot of special effects have "dynamic quality" so they scale down in extreme cases when there's lots of action on screen. Then on the CPU side I have a second framerate for non gameplay related things. It slows down and prioritizes background tasks that are ok if they miss a frame or two.

BasilZero

Pre-order cancelled.

Legend

Pre-order cancelled.
Wait I already spent ur money

the-pi-guy

So many promises broken today.  :'(

Legend

I'M just having fun making so much progress right now. Everything technical is almost finished and I'm doing the final optimizations.

So many promises broken today.  :'(
WHat were the others?

BasilZero

the-pi-guy

WHat were the others?
VizionEck no longer 20$!

That's all of them.

Legend

VizionEck no longer 20$!

That's all of them.
I also don't have gameskins anymore, at least not in their original format. New graphics are too detailed for that.

Probably won't have photo importing, theater, or live spectating. Multi-player formations have been cut too!

Dr. Pezus

What's next, VizionEck won't be exclusive?!?

the-pi-guy

What's next, VizionEck won't be exclusive?!?
So many promises broken.  Legend must be a politician.