(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)

Legend

I might have been overly critical of his original tweet. This might actually be really cool.

I hadn't thought about the game diving deeper and exploring how VR can be a part of a platformer. I assumed this game would be like Lucky's Tale but instead it sounds like VR is crucial to the experience. The first astrobot game was good at this; I just didn't think it had that much room to expand.

I'm putting it on my wishlist. Might get it in December. Now I just hope it's long enough!

the-pi-guy

I might have been overly critical of his original tweet. This might actually be really cool.
I still think it's a hyperbolic statement.
But that might be more to do with how highly Super Mario 64 is held.  

I thought his big write up was cool.  

I hadn't thought about the game diving deeper and exploring how VR can be a part of a platformer. I assumed this game would be like Lucky's Tale but instead it sounds like VR is crucial to the experience. The first astrobot game was good at this; I just didn't think it had that much room to expand.
Yeah.  Well VR added to Lucky's tale, but yeah it wasn't crucial.  

I'm actually hoping to get a PSVR now....

Don't think I will soon though.  

Dr. Pezus

Told yall!

Watched the boss video and I was like 'woah'. Didn't expect it to look like this at all

DerNebel

The Resetera thread on this is an absolute embarrassment, I hope the game gets to like a 95 on Metacritic just to the see the people fuming about this comparison become even saltier.

kitler53

well all i know for sure is this is the game that made me decide to buy a psvr.  i'm going to wait until black friday in hopes of a sale but i'm getting the budle with this and moss. 
so:
astro bot
moss
statik
rez
tethered
torn
...are my "killer apps"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Told yall!

Watched the boss video and I was like 'woah'. Didn't expect it to look like this at all
Yeah.  It looks stunning.  
I just love all the vibrant colors.

The Resetera thread on this is an absolute embarrassment, I hope the game gets to like a 95 on Metacritic just to the see the people fuming about this comparison become even saltier.
:D
Ha, that'd be crazy.

well all i know for sure is this is the game that made me decide to buy a psvr.  i'm going to wait until black friday in hopes of a sale but i'm getting the budle with this and moss.
so:
astro bot
moss
statik
rez
tethered
torn
...are my "killer apps"
I honestly haven't even heard of most of these.  
Moss was the first PSVR game I wanted.  
Torn and Tethered look like stunners.  

kitler53

I honestly haven't even heard of most of these.  
Moss was the first PSVR game I wanted.  
Torn and Tethered look like stunners.  
well i watch video game news quite closely and have a really good memory.  even though many of these didn't get much press they are my kind of games.  torn and statik are especially exciting for me but i'm a joker for puzzle games. 

also i didn't list gnog before.  i'm excited for that too.  

the-pi-guy

well i watch video game news quite closely and have a really good memory.  even though many of these didn't get much press they are my kind of games.  torn and statik are especially exciting for me but i'm a joker for puzzle games.

also i didn't list gnog before.  i'm excited for that too.  
Have you used VR before?  
If you haven't, let me know how you like it.  

Xevross

So this is kind of like 3D Mario x Tearaway (but instead of utilising vita really well its utilising PSVR really well). Well, I'm interested. A few more games of this quality and I might finally jump into VR.

kitler53

Have you used VR before?  
If you haven't, let me know how you like it.  
not modern vr.  i tried it once it once in the 90s at the state fair.  it was "tron" like but even then it was impressive. 

i'll post impressions if you want.  won't be until december though. 

Legend

I think with winter and colder weather coming up, I'm going to start getting big into VR. It is really really fun.

the-pi-guy

That's why Astro Bot Rescue Mission was so refreshing. A cute and colorful VR platformer where you control one of the robots from Sony's Playroom. Unlike many VR titles, it doesn't go the obvious first-person route. Instead it's kind of a mix: The bot is there as a third person protagonist in the world, but you're there too-the PS4 controller is visible in your hands, with a twist. Your PSVR visor also exists in game, and enemies will gleefully attack and splash it to disrupt your efforts.
Astro Bot Rescue Mission: were we thinking about VR wrong? | AndroidPIT

Different author.  

nnodley

I think with winter and colder weather coming up, I'm going to start getting big into VR. It is really really fun.
yeah same.  I don't use my PSVR often. But I want to use it a lot more and also play elite dangerous on my Rift.

Legend

yeah same.  I don't use my PSVR often. But I want to use it a lot more and also play elite dangerous on my Rift.
I really want to try hooking up my PSVR to my PC so I can do Elite.