Voting closed: Mar 14, 2017, 05:59 PM

Xevross

Eh Ratchet and clank was awesome too!
I don't like it. I got about half way through and couldn't play it anymore

Dr. Pezus

I don't like it. I got about half way through and couldn't play it anymore
Sonuva!!

Riderz1337

SMH look at this PlayStation fanboy nominees...Vizioneck paid off by Sony.

I pick Uncharted 4 tho
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

SMH look at this PlayStation fanboy nominees...Vizioneck paid off by Sony.

I pick Uncharted 4 tho
Well there was a thread to nominate games.   ::)

ethomaz

Well there was a thread to nominate games.   ::)
Hater.

BasilZero

No final fantasy XV

Ruler Conspiracy confirmed!

Xevross

No final fantasy XV

Ruler Conspiracy confirmed!
Would you have voted Final Fantasy XV?

BasilZero

Would you have voted Final Fantasy XV?
Of course. I'm playing it now and loving it ;o

Xevross

Of course. I'm playing it now and loving it ;o
Seriously?

How far through the game are you?

BasilZero

Seriously?

How far through the game are you?
Why do you think I'm joking o.o?

I made it to Chapter 3 this past weekend and am at lv 22. Doing all the sidequests and stuff now since I'm in the open world portion of the game.

Here's my youtube playlist, been recording my entire playthrough this whole time lol: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgU0IdjAiGw4SpL4e1cfF8o7AakaOTQs9

My latest video as of now

Xevross

Why do you think I'm joking o.o?

I made it to Chapter 3 this past weekend and am at lv 22. Doing all the sidequests and stuff now since I'm in the open world portion of the game.

-snip-
Well I won't spoil the game for you... but the vast majority of people agree the game goes downhill when you get further on. How steeply downhill depends on the person.

I remember when I was at the point you're at, I was thinking it might be a GOTY candidate and it was feeling like a 9/10 at least, and in the end I think I'd give it a 7.5

Hope you enjoy it though  :D

BasilZero

Mar 09, 2017, 01:48 AM Last Edit: Mar 09, 2017, 01:52 AM by BasilZero
Oh I forgot about FFIX which came out on Steam/PC and iOS/android.

I would actually give that my GOTY for 2016 lol

But as far as new games are concerned, it is FFXV for me for now.

And this is out of all the games from 2016 I have played/beaten (or still playing like XV)

Well I won't spoil the game for you... but the vast majority of people agree the game goes downhill when you get further on. How steeply downhill depends on the person.

I remember when I was at the point you're at, I was thinking it might be a GOTY candidate and it was feeling like a 9/10 at least, and in the end I think I'd give it a 7.5

Hope you enjoy it though  :D
I already spoiled the game for myself even before it actually came out :)

I've seen the ending, final boss, etc.

The lore is amazing in the game but I agree, the progression of the story is piss poor compared to previous FF games.

For me the game's highlight is the gameplay and the musical score (also the breathtaking overworld) - at least from what I played so far.

Also the character development between the 4 main characters is amazingly well done, makes all the previous FF games and other jRPGs like the Tales games (which focus on character development between skits , etc) look poor.

---

I could also easily tell which parts of the game were influenced highly by Tabata easily - I see remnants of FFType-0 in the game which honestly doesnt bother me but its still obvious lol

Xevross

Oh I forgot about FFIX which came out on Steam/PC and iOS/android.

I would actually give that my GOTY for 2016 lol

But as far as new games are concerned, it is FFXV for me for now.

And this is out of all the games from 2016 I have played/beaten (or still playing like XV)

I already spoiled the game for myself even before it actually came out :)

I've seen the ending, final boss, etc.

The lore is amazing in the game but I agree, the progression of the story is piss poor compared to previous FF games.

For me the game's highlight is the gameplay and the musical score (also the breathtaking overworld) - at least from what I played so far.

Also the character development between the 4 main characters is amazingly well done, makes all the previous FF games and other jRPGs like the Tales games (which focus on character development between skits , etc) look poor.

---

I could also easily tell which parts of the game were influenced highly by Tabata easily - I see remnants of FFType-0 in the game which honestly doesnt bother me but its still obvious lol
From your list I'd definitely give GOTY to Pokemon Sun. That was probably my #2 game of last year.

I can agree with you here. I think the second half of the game is just very bad to be honest. The story just jumps forward with little to no explanation and at times I had to look up on the internet what the current plot actually was, or why they were going where they were going. The game explains itself super poorly. Also I hate the vast majority of the level design in the second half and the sudden, super dark tone it takes. On top of that I didn't really like the ending (but that's linked with the tone complaint).

Gameplay and music are brilliant though. With the only exception of chapter 13, I hated playing that and couldn't wait for it to end

BasilZero

From your list I'd definitely give GOTY to Pokemon Sun. That was probably my #2 game of last year.

I can agree with you here. I think the second half of the game is just very bad to be honest. The story just jumps forward with little to no explanation and at times I had to look up on the internet what the current plot actually was, or why they were going where they were going. The game explains itself super poorly. Also I hate the vast majority of the level design in the second half and the sudden, super dark tone it takes. On top of that I didn't really like the ending (but that's linked with the tone complaint).

Gameplay and music are brilliant though. With the only exception of chapter 13, I hated playing that and couldn't wait for it to end
I want to play Chapter 13 as it is now - the one you didnt like but I'm afraid at the rate I'm going with stuff to do irl and other games, I might not make it to chapter 13 before the next big update later this month :p.

I loved Pokemon Sun (was a preorder) but from what I'm playing of XV I'm just enjoying it a bit more :p but we'll see in a few weeks.

Go Up