0 (0%)
Street Fighter V
0 (0%)
The Witness
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2017, 05:59 PM

Legend

Time for the final vote. Nominated games were determined here.

I'm surprised only one late 2016 game was nominated. 3 of the 5 came out a year ago.

ethomaz

I give my GOTY to U4 on GAF but I'm serious thinking in give it to my second here (TLG).

Legend

I give my GOTY to U4 on GAF but I'm serious thinking in give it to my second here (TLG).
Well TLG is better than U4 so that would make sense  ;D

ethomaz

Well TLG is better than U4 so that would make sense  ;D
Well voted U4... it is overall perfect from beginning to end.... TLG is amazing but there are some serious technical issues.

I need to be coherent with myself.

Legend

Well voted U4... it is overall perfect from beginning to end.... TLG is amazing but there are some serious technical issues.

I need to be coherent with myself.
U4 isn't perfect. So many small plot holes that really irked me.

the-pi-guy

What kind of plot holes?  :o

Xevross

No Chloe turning up out of nowhere and saving the day.

For god sake Naughty Dog

nnodley

Uncharted 4 no doubt.  ND perfection!!  Loved the more exploration and more open levels.  Combat and climbing were practically perfected for the series.   Sure a couple chapters were not paced as well as they could be, but I loved just walking around the islands so it was fine for me mostly.

ethomaz

Mar 07, 2017, 06:46 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017, 06:48 PM by ethomaz
In your opinion.

I loved the pace, story and gameplay... there are times I just replayed some chapters to be lurking with the game... I found even my speed run for the trophy awesome.

the-pi-guy

Etho is just like

ethomaz

nnodley

In your opinion.

I loved the pace, story and gameplay... there are times I just replayed some chapters to be lurking with the game... I found even my speed run for the trophy awesome.
Yeah i'll sometimes jump into the At Sea chapter because of how much I love it.  

Xevross

Last year was a disappointing year really. Uncharted 4 takes it easily for me and I don't think its close to matching Uncharted 2 or TLOU. In fact I'd now put it as PS4's 3rd best exclusive, behind Bloodborne and Horizon. Still an amazing game, but it only stood out so much last year because there was pretty poor competition.

Legend

A fair amount of times the story involved pushing carts around and stuff to help get up ledges. This is pretty standard for Uncharted but in the 4th game Drake has a grapple all the time. They could just use that.

Sam was retconned so heavily into the game and really screwed up great scenes and such from the past. Uncharted was all about greatness from small beginnings yet U4 turns him into the son of
Spoiler for Hidden:
one of the world's best historians/explorers.
It also makes his interest in Francis Drake near pointless and more or less just random.

The story also made him out of character and more like his U3 self instead of his U1 and U2 self. In the first two games, Drake cares a ton about treasure but he's never wanting to risk others or even himself that much. He perseveres and goes on because his friends/the world are in danger. U3 flipped him into him being obsessed with adventuring and U4 took it even farther. It ends
Spoiler for Hidden:
with him not caring about the treasure, but the conflict was forced and unrealistic in the first place.

It's been a year since I played U4 so I can't remember the more specific ones I noticed, but it was really jarring going from the Nathan Drake Collection to U4. Also Uncharted is/was by far my favorite franchise so I certainly cared more about these changes than most people.

In your opinion.

No there are definitive plot holes. It's just whether or not people care about them or even like the changes.
Last year was a disappointing year really. Uncharted 4 takes it easily for me and I don't think its close to matching Uncharted 2 or TLOU. In fact I'd now put it as PS4's 3rd best exclusive, behind Bloodborne and Horizon. Still an amazing game, but it only stood out so much last year because there was pretty poor competition.
I'd agree with that. U4 is certainly a great game but at least personally it's significantly below the other Uncharteds, even including Golden Abyss.

Dr. Pezus

Eh Ratchet and clank was awesome too!