XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Well for MS dev kits looks a lot like retail units. Also this is from the leaker guy so of course he'd share it.

In other news,

Game is a port with higher resolution. Not to the surprise of anyone here, but lots of other people are freaking out since they thought it'd be a big huge remake and a key part of Microsoft's lineup. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368307
Not gonna lie, I want them to make a Blink remaster.

ethomaz

Gang Beasts can't commit to XB1 release due to parity clause, considering Switch - NeoGAF

Seems this is still causing Microsoft some issues with indie developers.
Originally Posted by GamesIndustry.biz

Gang Beasts dev: Parity clause means we can't commit to Xbox One release By James Batchelor Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz at EGX Rezzed, the studio's co-founder James Brown says he and his two brothers hope to bring cartoony physics-based brawler Gang Beasts to as many platforms as possible. The game is currently in Early Access on Steam and Oculus Rift, with a PS4 build in the works. But efforts to take Gang Beasts out of the alpha program by the end of Q2 2017 - combined with Microsoft's parity clause - is preventing the team from working on a Xbox version. "We have Xbox One dev kits, and we'd love to do Xbox One but because of the parity exemption stuff, it doesn't feel like we can prioritise it," Brown told us. "It's absolutely the opposite of what (Microsoft) want, but how can we commit resource until we have approval to release on that platform? It's backwards, it doesn't make sense."

"We're talking to (Xbox), and if it's low-friction, we'd definitely love to get it out this year," said Brown. "But if we're forced to do the open Windows version (as well) just to be able to release, then that's more work. And there are restrictions on that platform that are currently concerning, in terms of development. "It might be that we can give exclusive content, but we don't like the idea of exclusive content unless it's locked to that platform - so if we were to add Sackboy, Nathan Drake or something (into the PS4 version). Making something exclusive for the sake of it just feels an unnecessary step, even though it would be for a limited time."

Brown stresses that the team is aiming for "every platform that makes sense", so while a PS4 build has been submitted to Sony, consumers shouldn't expect to see an Xbox 360 or PS3 version. However, he is keen to bring Gang Beasts to Nintendo Switch. While he believes it would be more practical to develop and optimise for Xbox One before Nintendo's new console, the studio is having the initial conversations with Nintendo to see if they can gain access to hardware and dev kits. In fact, Brown even bought a Switch himself to see if the controllers might support Gang Beasts' frantic gameplay. "We get asked for the Switch and we are talking about it but there are certain things behind the scenes that we need to do - like optimising the characters - in order to hit that platform," he said.

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ox-one-release

Legend

Kerotan

I meant to say 2020.  I love though how nobody thinks we get ps5 in 2019 or 2018 anymore but back in 2013 almost everyone did.  At least they're finally getting on the same wave length as me.

Xevross

I meant to say 2020.  I love though how nobody thinks we get ps5 in 2019 or 2018 anymore but back in 2013 almost everyone did.  At least they're finally getting on the same wave length as me.
I've always thought new gen would be 2019 at the earliest with 2020 most likely. 2018 is nonsensical, no way Sony or MS (especially with Scorpio) would even consider it.

Kerotan

I've always thought new gen would be 2019 at the earliest with 2020 most likely. 2018 is nonsensical, no way Sony or MS (especially with Scorpio) would even consider it.
Read threads back in 2013/2014 about it.  Most people said 2019 or earlier.

Legend

Yeah before the gen got going strong, so many were hoping for a really short next-gen.

But now with the great games and especially mid gen refreshes, a 5 year gen would be so short. 7 feels solid.

Xevross

Yeah I know, I remember.

Its weird to me that people ever wanted a short gen. I'd rather buy a new consoles less often. A longer gen is better for game quality

Raven

Legend

WHy does marketing matter that much? Unless it comes with other stuff.

DerNebel

It doesn't. It's just a new thing type of ammo that some fanboys have started to use for their listwars.

Ludicrous Speed

It's Winback 3.

Raven

It's Winback 3.
The number of people who would lose their shame without even knowing what that game is.... is actually very depressing to think about.

nnodley

I mean considering Sony has Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, and RDR2, I can't imagine it being any larger than those 3 games let alone those 3 combined.

Ludicrous Speed

It's actually dog Creed.

Go Up