Sony's Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact Will be the First Smartphones To Support PS4 Remote Play

Started by ethomaz, Sep 03, 2014, 03:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Unrivalled entertainment with the world's only tablet with PS4™ Remote Play

Sony has engineered a revolution in gaming technology with the addition of PS4™ Remote Play on the Xperia Z3 series. With PS4 Remote Play, exclusive to Xperia, you can now use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. For those times when the TV is being used, simply connect your tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller with the GCM10 Game Control Mount to continue playing games anywhere at home on your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.

Additionally the PlayStation®App lets you use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a second screen to remotely watch the game play of your game friends, communicate with PSN™ friends, purchase PS4 games and download to PS4, or simply to control your PS4.

Whether you're playing a game or watching a movie, your entertainment is enhanced with Sony's latest TV and audio technologies. Boasting Sony's brightest tablet display yet, this compact tablet has a visual brilliance beyond its size. Combined with Sony's TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile technology with Live Colour LED, X-Reality™ for mobile and intuitive contrast enhancement, this 8" Full HD display is sharp and vivid even in bright sunlight.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/press_release/sony-introduces-xperia-z3-tablet-compact-the-worlds-slimmest-and-lightest-compact-tablet/

kitler53

i can't see myself ever using that feature (i don't even use it on vita)  but cool beans.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

i can't see myself ever using that feature (i don't even use it on vita)  but cool beans.

Well I want a Vita just for Remote Play and travel gaming.

Legend

The death of Vita :(

kitler53

Well I want a Vita just for Remote Play and travel gaming.

have you tried it while traveling before?

i thought it was going to be the coolest thing ever but it requires a 5 Mb/s connection or whatever to work.  good luck finding a connection that fast at a hotel.  i've yet to be able to use remote play successfully.   i almost got it once but i got kicked off after a few minutes.   also, once remote play turned my ps4 on and then immediately kicked me off of remote play.  turned out the ps4 had a stability update that was required to be installed.   thank god my wife was home because the ps4 just sat on waiting for me to accept the installation but i couldn't because remote play kicked me out.  my ps4 would have just sat on for 3 days otherwise.

remote play in my house.  meh,. i'll just play my ps4.

what i want more than anything ps4 games to be supported on psnow with crossbuy.   i was at a friends this weekend and waiting for hohokum to download was lame.  that's 45 minutes of my life i want back.   j/k,.. we had fun anyways but it would be soo nice to have just jumped into the game right away.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

have you tried it while traveling before?

i thought it was going to be the coolest thing ever but it requires a 5 Mb/s connection or whatever to work.  good luck finding a connection that fast at a hotel.  i've yet to be able to use remote play successfully.   i almost got it once but i got kicked off after a few minutes.   also, once remote play turned my ps4 on and then immediately kicked me off of remote play.  turned out the ps4 had a stability update that was required to be installed.   thank god my wife was home because the ps4 just sat on waiting for me to accept the installation but i couldn't because remote play kicked me out.  my ps4 would have just sat on for 3 days otherwise.

remote play in my house.  meh,. i'll just play my ps4.

what i want more than anything ps4 games to be supported on psnow with crossbuy.   i was at a friends this weekend and waiting for hohokum to download was lame.  that's 45 minutes of my life i want back.   j/k,.. we had fun anyways but it would be soo nice to have just jumped into the game right away.

Not for travel using the remote play :D

I mean... in the bus or airplane playing Vita games.

And to play Remote in my home.

I won't play Vita games in my home.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm happy about this.

7H3

looks like I know what phone I'll be getting when I upgrade lol
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

looks like I know what phone I'll be getting when I upgrade lol

It works on the older experia too, the update comes out in November.

7H3

Well I won't be getting a new phone until feb March.. so i'll get z3 or z4 if that's it by then :-P hopefully
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

It works on the older experia too, the update comes out in November.

wait, it works on the z1 compact?

Mmm_fish_tacos

wait, it works on the z1 compact?

Yes, from what my friend told me the update would be out in November.

Legend

Yes, from what my friend told me the update would be out in November.

Oh cool.

Don't have a Sony phone but, oh cool.