How much will PS4 sell the week destiny releases?

Started by Legend, Aug 29, 2014, 06:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

How much WW weak one?

0-100k
0 (0%)
100-200k
0 (0%)
200-300k
2 (18.2%)
300-400k
0 (0%)
400-500k
2 (18.2%)
500-600k
0 (0%)
600-700k
0 (0%)
700-800k
4 (36.4%)
800k-1 million
1 (9.1%)
1 million plus
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Dr. Pezus

If we look at it and say ps4 is selling on average 140k every week right now. A 100% increase is 280k.  No way is it going over a 150% increase.  Just seems really crazy to assume that.  And what a 200% increase would be 420k?  Seems too crazy to be true.

Would be amazing if it happened and I will gladly eat my helping of crow.

But 140k is more like its baseline, not average. I suspect the week before Destiny might be something like 170-180k. Also, you're forgetting about the white PS4. Game is going to sell at least 2m week one on PS4 alone, if that doesn't cause a 200% increase I don't know what will!!

DD_Bwest

If we look at it and say ps4 is selling on average 140k every week right now. A 100% increase is 280k.  No way is it going over a 150% increase.  Just seems really crazy to assume that.  And what a 200% increase would be 420k?  Seems too crazy to be true.

but the bundle has been selling and adding up for 3 months.   200k for NA is a fair low end for the bundle, and europe has been matching NA.   then add in the regular sku lol

nnodley

But 140k is more like its baseline, not average. I suspect the week before Destiny might be something like 170-180k. Also, you're forgetting about the white PS4. Game is going to sell at least 2m week one on PS4 alone, if that doesn't cause a 200% increase I don't know what will!!

Has any software ever caused a 200% increase on a console that is selling amazingly well already?  I agree that my numbers are probably low so the highest I will go with is ~400k as my ultimate optimistic view. Which is close to a 200% increase.

nnodley

How awesome would the salt and tears be if PS4 did do 800k or over in destiny week?  It would be so glorious! :-p

DD_Bwest

How awesome would the salt and tears be if PS4 did do 800k or over in destiny week?  It would be so glorious! :-p
yup, it would be epic melt downs.    mass bannings,   maybe a few might hang themselves.. lol

nnodley

yup, it would be epic melt downs.    mass bannings,   maybe a few might hang themselves.. lol

dang, now I wish I was crazy and believed it would do that. :-p  PLEASE HAPPEN SO I CAN BE CRAZY FROM NOW ON!!! 

Legend

The PS4 averaged about 200k between April's 7 mil announcement and August's 10 mil announcement. Since summer is usually a dry spell and sales start naturally picking up about now, PS4 is probably doing more like 250k weekly right now.

100% increase is 500k. 150% increase is 625k.

kitler53

i didn't want to get too excited or crazy about things so i lowballed my answer and went with over a million.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DD_Bwest

seems like my 800k-mill   isnt so crazy after all if people are going higher :P   

Vita!

Oh I'm not a sales kind of person.

400k-500k is what I voted.

Slayer

1 million destiny is insane. I love halo and i know Im going to love destiny. I bet even xbox one does almost a million too

Dr. Pezus

Has any software ever caused a 200% increase on a console that is selling amazingly well already?  I agree that my numbers are probably low so the highest I will go with is ~400k as my ultimate optimistic view. Which is close to a 200% increase.

Again, this isn't a normal software release. It includes the release of a hot new white console

Dr. Pezus

Oh I'm not a sales kind of person.

400k-500k is what I voted.

We are the only sane people here

nnodley

Again, this isn't a normal software release. It includes the release of a hot new white console

Sorry I just don't want to put too much stock into a bundle. Even if it is a new color and has one of the most hyped games of the year.  But we'll see.

Go Up