Beyond Two Souls Director's Cut is Coming on PS4 (Trophy List Confirmed)

Started by ethomaz, Aug 28, 2014, 01:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

The game was already marketed and the ps4 is doing great.

A suprise drop like that could work imo.

maybe for a beloved game like TLoU. but Beyond isnt that much loved. they need to market it let people know its on the PS4 and try to generate some hype.

BananaKing

I don't think they're that worried about marketing it. It had mixed reviews and sold about a million copies on the PS3. They could announce it less than a month before release and it would probably do about as well as if they marketed it for two months. This just feels like a roster filler.

it sold 1.5 million last time we checked. and yeah, announce it a month before. but not in the same day/week. its out.

ethomaz

This year for sure.

Raven

it sold 1.5 million last time we checked. and yeah, announce it a month before. but not in the same day/week. its out.

1.5 million on a console that sold over 80 million and received mixed reviews. Little different than a million at that point. I agree. Dropping it the same day you announce it isn't a good idea for a bigger budget title even if it's a year-old port. I just don't think a game like that would get much marketing either way.

NeverDies

Since it's the directors cut, there's obviously going to be more walking around in underwear.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

Since it's the directors cut, there's obviously going to be more walking around in underwear.

And an extended shower scene.

Hahaha David Cage is great.

kitler53

beyond isn't going to push much and it reenforces the 'last gen port' thing people are starting to get negative about.   sony needs to focus their big marketing on things like driveclub and destiny.  beyond should get a press release and a few posts on the psblog and that's it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

1.5 million on a console that sold over 80 million and received mixed reviews. Little different than a million at that point. I agree. Dropping it the same day you announce it isn't a good idea for a bigger budget title even if it's a year-old port. I just don't think a game like that would get much marketing either way.

they should just announce it and say its coming in a month, that way those who are interested dont have to wait long and lose interest. my point is that a "its out now" technique probably isnt the best for this, just give people some time to talk about then then release it. i wonder why sony decided to port this, im sure they made the decision after it was released and saw the reviews and sales. i wonder, would this be worth it really?

kitler53

they should just announce it and say its coming in a month, that way those who are interested dont have to wait long and lose interest. my point is that a "its out now" technique probably isnt the best for this, just give people some time to talk about then then release it. i wonder why sony decided to port this, im sure they made the decision after it was released and saw the reviews and sales. i wonder, would this be worth it really?

probably won't be worth it.  ..but i'll buy it!    i specifically didn't buy it because i was overloaded with games and had a pretty good feeling it would come to ps4 eventually.   

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think it's just a direct port. The only difference you'll see is frame rate and 1080.so why not? It's cheap.

BananaKing

beyond isn't going to push much and it reenforces the 'last gen port' thing people are starting to get negative about.   sony needs to focus their big marketing on things like driveclub and destiny.  beyond should get a press release and a few posts on the psblog and that's it.

thats a bunch of nonesense that is said on forums. it certainly has not reflected into actual sales, TLoU already sold 1 million. there were shame loads of ports on PS3 and people on forums always complained, yet most of them sold pretty well. (GoW collection 2.5m, ICO+SotC 1m+ for example).

the game certainly isnt a big seller, but it still has its small audience. it can sell another 500k bumping the total sales of the game to 2m~. no reason to shoot it in the knee just because "koko" and "soso" on vgc or gaf keep saying sony is just doing ports.

kitler53

thats a bunch of nonesense that is said on forums. it certainly has not reflected into actual sales, TLoU already sold 1 million. there were shame loads of ports on PS3 and people on forums always complained, yet most of them sold pretty well. (GoW collection 2.5m, ICO+SotC 1m+ for example).

the game certainly isnt a big seller, but it still has its small audience. it can sell another 500k bumping the total sales of the game to 2m~. no reason to shoot it in the knee just because "koko" and "soso" on vgc or gaf keep saying sony is just doing ports.

meh, bad press is bad press.  besides,.. did you see that beyond and the unfinished swan announcements.   those only got psblog announcements.  that's about what i expect for beyond.  marketing costs money so no need to blow all the profits of those extra 500k sales on a couple tv spots.

BananaKing

I think it's just a direct port. The only difference you'll see is frame rate and 1080.so why not? It's cheap.

why would they take so long if its just a port?

Legend

Wait and build up demand?

kitler53

ND said TLoU basically had to have it's engine re-written since it was soo optimized to the cell.  might be the same for beyond,.. that game was gorgeous afterall.  could be, like with ND, a good way to prep for their next game and get some cash out of the engine re-write.

Go Up