Rockstar’s PS3 Exclusive Agent’s Cancellation Reported by GameFly

Started by Legend, Aug 24, 2014, 01:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Rockstar's PS3 Exclusive Agent's Cancellation Reported by GameFly height=395 width=670
So obviously take this with a grain of salt because, well... Gamefly, but they actually tend to update release dates fairly reliably, so I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt here

I'm on my phone so I can't provide an image, but I apparently missed an email on Thursday from them stating the following:

<blockquote> Dear *,

We have removed Agent (PS3) from your GameQ. There are two possible reasons for this removal:
1. For released titles, we no longer carry the game and do not know if or when we will acquire new copies.
2. For unreleased titles, the game has been cancelled by its publisher.
We apologize for any disappointment this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thank you,

The GameFly Team
</blockquote>Couldn't find any other thread about this.  Insert old joke here if applicable

From http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126758144&postcount=1

Max King of the Wild

Not surprising. It's mind boggling how a studio like Naughty Dog can put out Six (Uncharted 1-3, TLoUx2, assuming Uncharted 4 before the other games) AAA games before some teams put out one (team Ico, agent team, kh3 team, and FFv13)

Legend

This actually seems like a non story to me. No way would it still be coming to PS3.

nnodley

I just think it's funny that someone still had the game in their list. :-p

Vita!

Agent will probably never release, just like the last guardian.

Slayer

Didn't agent become LA noire?

Riderz1337

Didn't agent become LA noire?

Nope. Agent was supposedly a PS3 exclusive game...Was announced in 2010 or something. Some pictures got leaked but thats all we've gotten from the game. I'm pretty sure it's cancelled...I'm actually surprised Sony even got Rockstar to agree to make an exclusive game.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Vita!

No it's not LA Noire

Edit: oh that's cool. It alerted me about the new post above.

Slayer

Nope. Agent was supposedly a PS3 exclusive game...Was announced in 2010 or something. Some pictures got leaked but thats all we've gotten from the game. I'm pretty sure it's cancelled...I'm actually surprised Sony even got Rockstar to agree to make an exclusive game.

Oh not sure what I was thinking then. Thanks.

But what the hell is this karma thing and why am I at -1?

Riderz1337

Oh not sure what I was thinking then. Thanks.

But what the hell is this karma thing and why am I at -1?

Under Karma it says applaud/smite. Users can applaud you if they think you are a good user or you made a good post. They can also smite you if they think the opposite. Smite gives you -1 karma applaud gives you +1. So I guess someone smited you lol. I'll applaud you though =P
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Vita!

Under Karma it says applaud/smite. Users can applaud you if they think you are a good user or you made a good post. They can also smite you if they think the opposite. Smite gives you -1 karma applaud gives you +1. So I guess someone smited you lol. I'll applaud you though =P

That's cool. It'd be nice if it showed which post you were smited/applauded on.

I applauded your post for explaining that :)

Also I have zero karma :(

DD_Bwest

i think karma right now is mostly just people hitting it to mess with people lol 

i havent been holding out any hope for agent lol   cancellation isnt surprising,   but who knows maybe this is the first sign its a ps4 game

ethomaz

Agent will probably never release, just like the last guardian.

You have no heart :(

OP. Agent is now a PS4/XB1 game and The Best Guardian is live.