The Sporty Sports Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 02, 2018, 07:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Hahaha what a game.

Icelandic presenter had just called him maybe the best goalkeeper in the world lol. Not even close

Xevross

Hahaha what a game.

Icelandic presenter had just called him maybe the best goalkeeper in the world lol. Not even close
Eh he is one of the best, that was an uncharacteristic mistake.

Dr. Pezus

Eh he is one of the best, that was an uncharacteristic mistake.
Maybe top 10. Not close to being the best. He makes far too many mistakes like this.

Xevross

Maybe top 10. Not close to being the best. He makes far too many mistakes like this.
Top 10 is surely one of best??

Well done France, they deserve to be champions. They were the best over the whole tournament, were often very entertaining and have the most talented players.

Xevross

Deserved golden ball for modric, golden glove for courtois. Hilarious golden boot for Kane but we'll take it ;D

Dr. Pezus

Top 10 is surely one of best??

Well done France, they deserve to be champions. They were the best over the whole tournament, were often very entertaining and have the most talented players.
Well he said likely the best... There's a big gap from #9-10 to #1

Xevross

Well he said likely the best... There's a big gap from #9-10 to #1
Well true, I don't think he's likely the best. De Gea is better for sure, Neuer is too (or was before his injury). Then I guess he's in the mix with others behind like Courtois.

Kerotan

Congrats France and congrats Croatia for making it to the final. If France had a day less instead of Croatia to rest after the semi I think it would have been much closer and provably went to extra time.

However France came through the much harder side of the draw and are worthy winners. They just made up for the humiliation of euro 2016 the best way possible. Favourites to win euro 2020?

Anyway this sports thread has been a great success so far. GG.

Xevross

Congrats France and congrats Croatia for making it to the final. If France had a day less instead of Croatia to rest after the semi I think it would have been much closer and provably went to extra time.

However France came through the much harder side of the draw and are worthy winners. They just made up for the humiliation of euro 2016 the best way possible. Favourites to win euro 2020?

Anyway this sports thread has been a great success so far. GG.
Yeah it was an amazing WC to watch and France deserve to win it. I would not bet against them for Euro 2020, especially as Mbappe will be coming on leaps and bounds.

It has! Its a shame we only talk about football though, no one likes f1 or tennis or anything. I'm looking forward to talking to you 'Muricans about NFL though.

Kerotan

Well I'm irish so after soccer I follow gaelic football, hurling and rugby. I don't follow the American sports.

Xevross

Well I'm irish so after soccer I follow gaelic football, hurling and rugby. I don't follow the American sports.
What on earth is hurling and gaelic football?  :o

You should try watching NFL, its great fun to watch, especially with a couple of mates.

Kerotan

There are too many breaks in play for me to enjoy it. I only watch the odd superbowl. Nfl does have a cult following in Ireland though. I know that.

What's hurling? The 2 all Ireland semi finals are taking place on the 28th and 29th so I'll remind you then if you want to check them out. Very unique sport  that has been played on the island for thousands of years.

Xevross

There are too many breaks in play for me to enjoy it. I only watch the odd superbowl. Nfl does have a cult following in Ireland though. I know that.

What's hurling? The 2 all Ireland semi finals are taking place on the 28th and 29th so I'll remind you then if you want to check them out. Very unique sport  that has been played on the island for thousands of years.
Yeah that's why its fun to watch with friends, you can just chat during the breaks. Also watching on sky is great, they fill all the stops with analysis and some top banter ;D

Maybe I will!

Kerotan

Yeah that's why its fun to watch with friends, you can just chat during the breaks. Also watching on sky is great, they fill all the stops with analysis and some top banter ;D

Maybe I will!
Sorry forgot to remind you about the hurling semi final today. Clare were playing galway and they served up a classic ending in a draw even after 20 minutes of extra time. So it goes to a replay next Saturday.

Anyway came on to let you know that tomorrow as in Sunday at 15.30 irish time cork v limerick the other semi final takes place. Should be about 75,000 at the match. Its on rte 2 and sky sports so if you can get a livestream online check it out. I was at the match today but unfortunately can't make tomorrow as I've a match of my own.

Go Up