God of War 4: do you really want Norse Mytholology?

Started by Legend, Aug 16, 2014, 03:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Max King of the Wild

Roman gods are greek gods.  I personally think if you're going to do other mythologies, then just make a new character.  I mean, I really wouldn't mind an egyptian God of War style game, I just don't want Kratos in it.  It'd be like those Hercules episodes where Hercules was with Thor and stuff.  Just didn't work too well.
they are not the same gods. They just have a counter part to each other.

Dr. Pezus

they are not the same gods. They just have a counter part to each other.

Well they would be way too similar in any case, just have different names so that would be confusing.

Max King of the Wild

Well they would be way too similar in any case, just have different names so that would be confusing.

There's a huge amount of God's they didn't cover with the Greeks. The Greeks influenced the Romans and it'd make sense for a Greek to head to Rome. We know Kratos is alive and Athena wanted something. Hell, Kratos could be the one who establishes the Roman gods. Wide variety of making it work. Possibilities limited to imagination. Making it Norse makes absolutely no sense.

Dr. Pezus

There's a huge amount of God's they didn't cover with the Greeks. The Greeks influenced the Romans and it'd make sense for a Greek to head to Rome. We know Kratos is alive and Athena wanted something. heck, Kratos could be the one who establishes the Roman gods. Wide variety of making it work. Possibilities limited to imagination. Making it Norse makes absolutely no sense.

Until you apply some imagination ;-)

But I will concede that it could be cool to have the Roman mythology, as long as they tried to tackle different gods than were in the other games for the most part. (I would still like to see Kratos taking out their god of war - Mars xD)

Raven

There's a huge amount of God's they didn't cover with the Greeks. The Greeks influenced the Romans and it'd make sense for a Greek to head to Rome. We know Kratos is alive and Athena wanted something. Hell, Kratos could be the one who establishes the Roman gods. Wide variety of making it work. Possibilities limited to imagination. Making it Norse makes absolutely no sense.

Even if just from a chronological standpoint where time travel is not used as a plot device since Norse mythology is predated by most others by a significant amount of time. It would definitely be interesting to see a game where Kratos is moving about the realm in search of those worthy of becoming new gods. He could be establishing the Roman pantheon based on what he knew of the Greek gods. Meanwhile, beings with other such desires are attempting to stop him from doing so. These could be gods of other mythologies relative to the time period and potentially reach a climax where Kratos has to fight some angelic messenger of the Abrahamic god who wishes to stop him from establishing the Roman pantheon.

Dr. Pezus

I'm having a nerdgasm here.

Max King of the Wild

Until you apply some imagination ;-)

But I will concede that it could be cool to have the Roman mythology, as long as they tried to tackle different gods than were in the other games for the most part. (I would still like to see Kratos taking out their god of war - Mars xD)
thats just a given. Kratos can even make fun of how they are a poor man's Greek god. But honestly, I'd rather him just go south across the sea to Egypt.

MUGEN

Honestly yeah I do want them to go into a new mythology for the next game. Staying in the greek one is only going to do the franchise a disservice, both in sales as well as in reception

7H3

hmm i'd like a new protagonist I think
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ClassicGamingWizz

I agree with the OP 100% , nord mithology does not appeal to me, ancient egipt ? YES

the-pi-guy

Me and Pezus want Norse Mythology, because we are both Vikings. 

Max King of the Wild

Me and Pezus want Norse Mythology, because we are both Vikings.
sell me on Norse mythology. Tell me how Kratos makes his way to the region and why. If not Kratos tell me how a new protagonist is introduced with having a completely unique identity to Kratos but killing gods.

Raven

sell me on Norse mythology. Tell me how Kratos makes his way to the region and why. If not Kratos tell me how a new protagonist is introduced with having a completely unique identity to Kratos but killing gods.

You done iced up. Pi could sell ice cubes to an eskimo.

the-pi-guy

I don't know enough about Norse Mythology to really convince myself, but I think that would be a great opportunity to expand the type of material that is already present in GoW. 
I'd want a new character, perhaps have GoW IV be a spinoff instead.  I'm going to try to write something up though. 

the-pi-guy

You done iced up. Pi could sell ice cubes to an eskimo.

He gave me 5$ for a cup of ice.   ;D

Go Up