God of War 4: do you really want Norse Mytholology?

Started by Legend, Aug 16, 2014, 03:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I don't.

GOW is all about the greek gods. A norse spinoff would just feel wrong to me. No Zues, no Hades, nothin.

Eh hbu?

Max King of the Wild

I agree if it had Kratos in it. Roman gods would work. Christian or Egyptian too.

ethomaz

Legend

I agree.

So then how would you like to see the next game? Time travel like in 2?

ethomaz

So then how would you like to see the next game? Time travel like in 2?

I guess they will show the past or maybe find a new hero.

Dr. Pezus

Yes, why not? The Norse Mythology is epic

darkknightkryta

I agree if it had Kratos in it. Roman gods would work. Christian or Egyptian too.

Roman gods are greek gods.  I personally think if you're going to do other mythologies, then just make a new character.  I mean, I really wouldn't mind an egyptian God of War style game, I just don't want Kratos in it.  It'd be like those Hercules episodes where Hercules was with Thor and stuff.  Just didn't work too well.

Dr. Pezus

Egyptian, Norse or "modern" mythology (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. all in one!)

NeverDies

Given that most off the Greek pantheon has already been slice n'diced, it makes sense that the developers would use new gods. And since using any of the pantheons of modern major religions would drastically reduce the amount of people willing to buy the game. Thus they're forced to use the more archaic religions. And given the recent interest in Norse mythology brought on by the Avengers and Thor movies, I can understand why they choose noise mythology for the next game.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

Given that most off the Greek pantheon has already been slice n'diced, it makes sense that the developers would use new gods. And since using any of the pantheons of modern major religions would drastically reduce the amount of people willing to buy the game. Thus they're forced to use the more archaic religions. And given the recent interest in Norse mythology brought on by the Avengers and Thor movies, I can understand why they choose noise mythology for the next game.

Why not use aliens then?

Guardians of the galaxy was even more popular lol.

NeverDies

Well then 343 would sue them for copyright infringement. After all, what other game can you think about that involves a Spartan murderizing his way through a bunch of aliens.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

7H3

I want to see it based in the future/modern era
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

7H3

Well then 343 would sue them for copyright infringement. After all, what other game can you think about that involves a Spartan murderizing his way through a bunch of aliens.

300 vs Predator?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Hahaha clever ;)

NeverDies

Master Chief Spartan 117: Killin aliens is my gig! Get your own!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Go Up