Death Stranding Trailer

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 09, 2017, 03:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Supposedly by someone who works there.  Part of it doesn't make sense to me.  

This sounds way better:
 Lots of References to Ancient Egypt : DeathStranding
That first one is almost a copy of a reddit comment from a couple days ago. I didn't agree with that comment and I don't agree with this comment.

Black stuff being an aging compound doesn't make any sense and would be lazy writing if it's used to age babies. Plus this trailer shows the plants aging in a fast time way without any goo. Plus plus no one else has aged who's interacted with the goo.

Haven't read the second yet.

the-pi-guy

an aging compound doesn't make any sense and would be lazy writing if it's used to age babies. Plus this trailer shows the plants aging in a fast time way without any goo. Plus plus no one else has aged who's interacted with the goo.
Yep.  This is why I think it's junk.  

The second one, I think seems like plausible inspiration.  I don't think it's the truth though.

the-pi-guy

Glasses look different in the photo
He has no hair??
Hideo retweeted this

DD_Bwest

lol thats just like him to put himself in the game.

the egypt sounds more plausible but i also dont think its right. it could  be close tho.

the-pi-guy

lol thats just like him to put himself in the game.

the egypt sounds more plausible but i also dont think its right. it could  be close tho.
Hideo tweeted something about Egypt.  

Seems like a likely inspiration, even if it is wrong.  

Legend

That egypt post is interesting.

I hadn't realised the center floating person of the 5 is unique. They have their arms crossed like a mummy. That's really significant imo.

nnodley

IGN: Kojima Explains Death Stranding Gameplay and Lore | ResetEra

Full interview Tidbits: On Death:
Partway through the latest clip from Death Stranding, Sam (played by Norman Reedus) watches as an explosion engulfs the giant, Lovecraftian-kaiju that projects through the fog. Suddenly we see an upside-down world submerged in water, where Sam exists among the flotsam and jetsam of the universe around him. From the sound of it, this is where Sam, and the player, go every time they die. But don't make the mistake of calling this "game over." When you die in Death Stranding, you're transported to this purgatory, where you're free to explore in first-person. Because of some mysterious "unique" abilities Sam possesses, you can wander outside of your body, recovering items among other things. As Kojima explains, "At that point, you're not dead or alive. It's the equivalent of that screen that says 'Continue?' and a counter ticking down towards zero."Click to expand...
On the rain making people age:
In the most recent trailer, you might've noticed a mystical, unnerving rain that seems to have the ability to manipulate time. It makes plants grow and wilt the second a droplet hits them, and a human body age and deteriorate in a matter of seconds. That rain, which is not of this world, is called "Timefall," and it is an integral part of Death Stranding's story and lore. So how does this affect Norman Reedus' Sam? As Kojima explains, "Most people in the game are aware of the rain -- and well, Norman is quite unique in this regard… I think I should stop there. I'm spilling the beans." When we asked if this Timefall had anything to do with the recurring motif of Sam crying, Kojima joked, "…the tears…that's really only because he's sad right now."Click to expand...
Babies:
From the newest trailer, it seems like the baby is more than just a plot device. As Kojima explained, "The baby relates to game mechanics as well as the story as a whole." It seemed like the shoulder-mounted robotic arms attached to Sam and his Corpse Disposal Team 6 pals sparked to life when that person came in possession of the baby.Click to expand...
Sounds pretty freaking weird!

Legend

Hopefully the water area isn't annoying if you die a lot ::)

the-pi-guy

I am getting really interested in this game, and I like this song:

Dr. Pezus

Amazing first trailer imo

Legend

Me too.

MGSV Phantom Pain is one of my top 5 all time favorite games. The gameplay is incredibly good and the story was presented incredibly well. The Death Stranding trailers are incredibly good and super sell me on the game world, but Hideo Kojima at the helm sells me on the game itself.

SWORDF1SH

Dec 17, 2017, 08:00 PM Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017, 08:02 PM by SWORDF1SH
How does Kojima do it? I've not been hyped for a game since The Witness (and VizionEck Adventure of course  ;))
Thank you Konami for being arseholes!

Legend

How does Kojima do it? I've not been hyped for a game since The Witness (and VizionEck Adventure of course  ;))
Thank you Konami for being arseholes!
Next month or so I'm planning to replay the witness.

Wish Blow was focusing more on his next game.

SWORDF1SH

Next month or so I'm planning to replay the witness.

Wish Blow was focusing more on his next game.
I wish he'd make DLC for new sections at least. I do still have "trails" to find but the last remaining ones are really hard to find.

Kerotan

So hyped for this. And I like the way it wont make sense until 5 or 6 hours into it

Go Up