DOOM(Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein:TNC(2018) Announced for Switch

Started by Cute Pikachu, Sep 14, 2017, 11:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

Well Nintendo was already working with Bethesda on Skyrim.

This makes some sense.

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Definitely a good thing!  Hopefully 3rd parties will start jumping on board more and more.

SWORDF1SH

Definitely a good thing!  Hopefully 3rd parties will start jumping on board more and more.
It will depend how well the games do. Honestly, I think it will be a repeat of the Wii era. Developers will dip their toes in, sales will be poor and then they will either abandon the platform completely or release small budget family/party games.
The problem is there is only a small amount of gamers that these games will appeal to that only own a Switch.
Chances are if you're a hardcore gamer that owns a Switch, you also own a PS4/XB1/PC. Nobody in the right mind would choose the inferior version with inferior multiplayer, and most probably more expensive, over the better versions.
Developers will give it a try but I only expect an handful of bigger franchises to survive on Switch.

Cute Pikachu

It will depend how well the games do. Honestly, I think it will be a repeat of the Wii era. Developers will dip their toes in, sales will be poor and then they will either abandon the platform completely or release small budget family/party games.
The problem is there is only a small amount of gamers that these games will appeal to that only own a Switch.
Chances are if you're a hardcore gamer that owns a Switch, you also own a PS4/XB1/PC. Nobody in the right mind would choose the inferior version with inferior multiplayer, and most probably more expensive, over the better versions.
Developers will give it a try but I only expect an handful of bigger franchises to survive on Switch.
The only thing is, having consOle games on the go made be the strongest reason to own 3rd party games on Nintendo platforms in a long time. We already have had many deva come out and pleasure with Switch sales.

Legend

The only thing is, having consOle games on the go made be the strongest reason to own 3rd party games on Nintendo platforms in a long time. We already have had many deva come out and pleasure with Switch sales.
Nah that doesn't matter.

Vita had console games on the go and it just highlights the differences between mobile/home gaming. Unless you have a specific situation like a long train to work, it's more or less just a gimmick. No way will traditionally XBO/PS4 centric multiplats do comparable numbers on switch from portability alone.

SWORDF1SH

That's a good point. I don't know how much weight that factor will hold though.

Cute Pikachu

Nah that doesn't matter.

Vita had console games on the go and it just highlights the differences between mobile/home gaming. Unless you have a specific situation like a long train to work, it's more or less just a gimmick. No way will traditionally XBO/PS4 centric multiplats do comparable numbers on switch from portability alone.
We will see how this holiday goes.

the-pi-guy

Nah that doesn't matter.

A lot of those Vita games weren't all that great though, some were down right awful.  
The few actually great ones weren't all that big enough to affect anything kind of sales.  

Switch also has a few advantages over Vita's portability.  Like the larger higher resolution screen makes FPS games better.  

They certainly won't do comparable numbers though.  

Legend

Doom and Skyrim imo will have a lot of Switch buyers that otherwise wouldn't have bought the games at all. I think Wolfenstein will be the big test. If that does great on Switch, I'm probably wrong.
A lot of those Vita games weren't all that great though, some were down right awful.  
The few actually great ones weren't all that big enough to affect anything kind of sales.  

Switch also has a few advantages over Vita's portability.  Like the larger higher resolution screen makes FPS games better.  

They certainly won't do comparable numbers though.  

Yeah Switch should get better ports in general.

The bigger problem with Vita from my perspective is that console games are designed for longer and more dedicated play sessions. Mobile however is best with pick up and play experiences.

Cute Pikachu

Nintendo fans also have grown up with Doom(Doom was big on SNES and N64 so nostalgia).
Skyrim will sell since its a big franchise.
Wolfenstein 2 will be interesting.
Doom and Skyrim will sell.

If an overpriced $40 port of Street Fighter 2 can ship almost half a million in a month, these games will be fine.

darkknightkryta

I'ts going to be amazing and sell out of whatever stock Nintendo can muster?  Plus Nintendo consoles/titles normally sell very well during holidays.  The question is, how will this thing sell between February and Smash Bros?  Or Pokemon, whichever comes first.

Cute Pikachu

Sep 16, 2017, 06:37 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2017, 06:43 PM by Cute Pikachu
I'ts going to be amazing and sell out of whatever stock Nintendo can muster?  Plus Nintendo consoles/titles normally sell very well during holidays.  The question is, how will this thing sell between February and Smash Bros?  Or Pokemon, whichever comes first.
Oh in case you wondering, Mario Odyssey is going to be a massive seller(debut is predicted to be 2 million worldwide first weekend)
If Nintendo could muster it, they could probably sell 300k Switch a week in Japan and NA(each) during the holidays.

Legend

Oh in case you wondering, Mario Odyssey is going to be a massive seller(debut is predicted to be 2 million worldwide first weekend)
If Nintendo could muster it, they could probably sell 300k Switch a week in Japan and NA(each) during the holidays.

Mario makes me really want to buy a switch.

Who is predicting the 2 million though?