The community puzzle thread

Started by SWORDF1SH, Sep 10, 2017, 12:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

My puzzle killed the thread  :-[

Was just the fibonacci sequence in letters. Bonacci was fibonacci's last name.

the-pi-guy

My puzzle killed the thread  :-[

Was just the fibonacci sequence in letters. Bonacci was fibonacci's last name.
I forgot to come back.  

Honestly that wasn't as easy as you were thinking.  Even knowing the answer, I was expecting it to be about the letters between the letters or something. But I see what you did.  

By the way, is the line from something?  I feel like I've seen it before in like a typing book.  

Legend

I forgot to come back.  

Honestly that wasn't as easy as you were thinking.  Even knowing the answer, I was expecting it to be about the letters between the letters or something. But I see what you did.  

By the way, is the line from something?  I feel like I've seen it before in like a typing book.  
Na it's just something I came up with to have the letters in order.

SWORDF1SH

Lol I've been busy. Babies are demanding little creatures.

the-pi-guy

I'll make a puzzle while no one is looking.  

Took some elements of the most recent puzzle and the first puzzle.  Some math may be involved.  

That's the first hint.  

the-pi-guy

Na it's just something I came up with to have the letters in order.
Fair enough.  Weird de ja vu then.  

Lol I've been busy. Babies are demanding little creatures.
Yes I am.  

Legend

SWORDF1SH

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Do we need a hint?

the-pi-guy

Is this thread dead?  

the-pi-guy

I'm going to give a (BIG) hint just in case:

this is pretty much all of it.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
Each 2 numbers corresponds easily with a prime number, and each prime number corresponds with a letter.  

the-pi-guy

You visit a remote desert island inhabited by one hundred very friendly dragons, all of whom have green eyes. They haven't seen a human for many centuries and are very excited about your visit. They show you around their island and tell you all about their dragon way of life (dragons can talk, of course).

They seem to be quite normal, as far as dragons go, but then you find out something rather odd. They have a rule on the island which states that if a dragon ever finds out that he/she has green eyes, then at precisely midnight on the day of this discovery, he/she must relinquish all dragon powers and transform into a long-tailed sparrow. However, there are no mirrors on the island, and they never talk about eye color, so the dragons have been living in blissful ignorance throughout the ages.

Upon your departure, all the dragons get together to see you off, and in a tearful farewell you thank them for being such hospitable dragons. Then you decide to tell them something that they all already know (for each can see the colors of the eyes of the other dragons). You tell them all that at least one of them has green eyes. Then you leave, not thinking of the consequences (if any). Assuming that the dragons are (of course) infallibly logical, what happens?

If something interesting does happen, what exactly is the new information that you gave the dragons?

Legend

90697 is a prime number and is a factor of both 350915094105 and 390095.

Think I'm doing it wrong.

the-pi-guy

90697 is a prime number and is a factor of both 350915094105 and 390095.

Think I'm doing it wrong.

You're doing it wrong.  
But that's still fun!  

Hint:
Some number of digits uniquely corresponds to a prime number which uniquely corresponds to a letter.  

The digits to prime numbers is easy, don't over think it.  

Go Up