Dragon Quest I, II, and III coming to PS4 and 3DS in August in Japan

Started by BasilZero, Aug 06, 2017, 10:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

Square Enix will release Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest II digitally for PlayStation 4 and 3DS in Japan on August 10 for 600 yen and 850 yen, respectively, followed by Dragon Quest III in late August for 1,500 yen, the company announced at Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2017 in Tokyo today.

Source: Dragon Quest I, II, and II coming to PS4 and 3DS in August in Japan - Gematsu

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

Beaten VII and VIII, started a couple of the other ones, am likely going to get XI

BasilZero

Aug 06, 2017, 01:37 PM Last Edit: Aug 06, 2017, 01:39 PM by BasilZero
II and III* ;)
The funny thing is I saw the error but forgot to fix it lol - infact the source forgot to fix it as well xD.

The only DQ I've ever played is 9
The only ones I beaten are Dragon Quest I (NES) and Dragon Quest II (NES) - I also got to the end of Dragon Quest V (SNES) but it was one of the games that suffered the "Dropped at the final dungeon" syndrome I suffered years ago lol.

Gonna play Dragon Quest III for NES soon.

I hope these games come to the west - I would get them on PS4.

Honestly would prefer if they would come out on PC though.

darkknightkryta

Glad they're not abandoning the ps4.  Though 3DS plays DS games, why would they need to port these instead of reprinting them?

ethomaz

BasilZero

Glad they're not abandoning the ps4.  Though 3DS plays DS games, why would they need to port these instead of reprinting them?
They never did? DQX and DQXI were announced earlier o.O.

darkknightkryta

They never did? DQX and DQXI were announced earlier o.O.
Dragon Quest 1-3 came out on the DS years ago no?

BasilZero

Dragon Quest 1-3 came out on the DS years ago no?
Dragon Quest I, II and III were never on DS or 3DS.

These are the platforms it came out on

NES (As Dragon Warrior)
SNES (As Dragon Warrior)
GBC (As Dragon Warrior)
Mobile Phone (Japan)
iOS
Android
Wii

---

DS only has remakes of DQIV, V, VI , IX and 3DS has VII and VIII.

BasilZero

Watch them never release the games in the west because SE are assholes like that.

darkknightkryta

Watch them never release the games in the west because SE are assholes like that.
Nintendo was assholes like that.  Nintendo had publishing on the DS and 3DS games.

BasilZero

Nintendo was assholes like that.  Nintendo had publishing on the DS and 3DS games.
Which is mind boggling why the developer and the original Publisher wont even publish the games....

darkknightkryta

Which is mind boggling why the developer and the original Publisher wont even publish the games....
They can't.  I'm 100% sure that Enix signed some deal with Nintendo that involves Dragon Quest and Nintendo.  Nintendo publishing the games was probably part of that deal.