Microsoft gaming revenue increased three percent year-on-year to hit $1.6bn for FY17

Started by Legend, Jul 21, 2017, 06:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Microsoft gaming revenue increased three percent year-on-year to hit $1.6bn for FY17 - NeoGAF

Software sales are up 11% but hardware revenue declined 29%
This figure may well have been higher, however, were it not partly offset by a decline in Xbox hardware revenue. This fell by 29 per cent year-on-year, mostly due to lower prices and a decline in the volume of consoles sold, Microsoft said.
 Software sales, meanwhile, were up 11 per cent year-on-year thanks to a higher volume of Xbox Live transactions. Indeed, Microsoft reported that there are now 53m active users on Xbox Live as of Q4 FY17 from 52m in Q3 FY17. That said, it's still down on Q2 FY17's 55m active users.

Link to article:http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-...-sales/0184976
 Update: Edited to correct mistake in title.Thanks Jarod McChicken.

BananaKing

Every year they mention decline in hardware consoles sold.

Kerotan

Not great results for Xbox.  

ethomaz

Every year they mention decline in hardware consoles sold.
But but software revenue went up :P

That looks good, no?

Of course if you have a 5m+ userbase diff between years it is more than expected the revenue be up.

darkknightkryta

What's their profit margin and does this include the Surface and mice sales?

DerNebel

Did anyone see this?

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Microsoft gaming revenue increased three percent year-on-year to hit $1.6bn for FY17

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

To be fair, without knowing what the yearly budget actually is its hard to ascertain if its going to go up, down or stay at the same level of investment.  
 It seems to me a good time to quote a Scottish legend, Kenny Dalglish:
 Is the Xbox budget going up or down?
 "Mibbes aye, mibbes naw."

This is being too generous. OK, I'll make my position more clear:
 MS is not meaningfully increasing their investments in or focus on first party. That could change, I would love for that to change, but it hasn't.

Looks like I won't need to keep an eye out for an Xbox in the foreseeable future, neato.

BananaKing

Did anyone see this?

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Microsoft gaming revenue increased three percent year-on-year to hit $1.6bn for FY17
This is being too generous. OK, I'll make my position more clear:
 MS is not meaningfully increasing their investments in or focus on first party. That could change, I would love for that to change, but it hasn't.

Looks like I won't need to keep an eye out for an Xbox in the foreseeable future, neato.
who is that?

DerNebel

Jul 23, 2017, 02:27 PM Last Edit: Jul 23, 2017, 02:30 PM by DerNebel
who is that?
Raven's uncle, he's having an affair with a top MS exec.

(Someone in the know apparently)

Legend

who is that?
Insider Matt.

He's been around for years and doesn't really leak stuff, just tries to share some perspective from within the industry. Lots of xbox fans were calling for his head in the leadup to E3 because he didn't believe there'd be a lot of secret games there either.

DerNebel

Insider Matt.

He's been around for years and doesn't really leak stuff, just tries to share some perspective from within the industry. Lots of xbox fans were calling for his head in the leadup to E3 because he didn't believe there'd be a lot of secret games there either.
Which turned out true, unless you wanna count the "Xbox launch exclusive" indie games that they had a bunch of.

princevenom

man ms gaf really hate matt