One week to launch, what are your final Switch predictions?

Started by Legend, Feb 24, 2017, 07:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I think it's going to be a bust for the next few years. It'll do some ok numbers at launch but interest will taper off quick. The only people excited ATM for Switch are core Nintendo fans and that worries me.

Since the reveal I've been split on whether it'll sell great or not but the past few days have pushed me into team doom. 7 days from launch for a huge new console yet it feels like whatever. Reminds me a lot of the Oculus Rift launch.

~6 million sold in 2017 is my guess.

Xevross

It's a really tricky one to judge. I have no idea how much interest it has from the casual market.

I'll say 9m in 2017

BasilZero

You guys are quite optimistic with your predictions ;o....

Xevross

You guys are quite optimistic with your predictions ;o....

Are we? We're predicting much better than WiiU but quite a lot lower than PS4 and 3DS first years

the-pi-guy

Are we? We're predicting much better than WiiU but quite a lot lower than PS4 and 3DS first years
Optimistic!  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Feb 24, 2017, 01:01 PM Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017, 01:04 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
It hard to judge this. People don't seem to be talking about it.  Ill give 4.5 for the first year.

Xevross

Interesting mix!

darkknightkryta

It depends Japan and how much Nintendo can manufacture.  10 million first year.

Dr. Pezus

Personally I see it selling quite well first month but I expect it to fall off a cliff quite quickly.

4m in 2017

Legend

Personally I see it selling quite well first month but I expect it to fall off a cliff quite quickly.

4m in 2017
That's a small prediction  8)

Horizon

I estimate 4.5 million in the first year which is not a bad number for Nintendo.

Dr. Pezus

That's a small prediction  8)
Couldn't remove the formatting  :o

the-pi-guy

I can make small predictions too!!!

Maybe 3m.

Aura7541

I'm going to be a bit more optimistic and predict 6 million.

Legend

I guess I should have included some numbers here. Wii U did ~3.5 million for its first 9 months. Huge horrible failure.

Meanwhile 3DS which launched Feb 26 in Japan and March 25 in US+Europe shipped/sold 11.4 million in 2011. This was disappointingly poor for Nintendo.

PS4 did ~10 million and XBO did ~5 million.

I think 6 million would be bad for the Switch, especially with it being a hybrid system. The 4 million and below predictions could mean the end of Nintendo hardware imo.

Go Up