Sony Trademarks “Guns Up!” Another Unannounced Game Incoming?

Started by Raven, May 03, 2014, 12:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Sony Trademarks "Guns Up!" Another Unannounced Game Incoming?

Sony Computer Entertainment recently filed for trademarking another possible game title with the US Patent and Trademark Office, and this time it's a pretty weird one: "Guns Up!"
This is the latest of a fairly sizable string of new trademarks filed in the past few days, including Kill Strain, Entwined, Bloodborne and now Guns Up!
The trademark bears the international class 9, which clearly indicates it as related to games, but other than that there is absolutely no information on what the possible game could be about.
Looks like we'll have to wait longer to know what Guns Up! will entail, but now we do know that it exists, whatever it is.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/03/sony-trademarks-guns-up-another-game-incoming/

Dr. Pezus

Sounds like a camera/move game

Raven

So we've had new trademarks for Kill Strain, Entwined, Bloodborne and now Guns Up! along with a trademark refiling of Dark Chronicles. Me thinks these Summer conventions are going to be awesome for Sony.

Xevross

Could be anything but whatever it is, the more games the better  :)

nnodley

Project Morpheus game maybe?

Legend

Reminds me of the helldivers trademark. Sounded like a stupid game at first, but then once remealed the name and game made sense.

Raven

Project Morpheus game maybe?

I doubt they'd trademark a Morpheus game this early. The device itself isn't even at a point where they can begin estimating its production cost and they already confirmed it's definitely not coming this year.

nnodley

I doubt they'd trademark a Morpheus game this early. The device itself isn't even at a point where they can begin estimating its production cost and they already confirmed it's definitely not coming this year.

That doesn't mean morpheus won't be coming next holiday or that they can't show off a came that is being built for it.  Show off a game in development for it and keep hype and interest for it from falling.  Plus we already know Project Cars is going for Morpheus support so it's not out of the question for a morpheus centric game to be shown.

the-pi-guy

That doesn't mean morpheus won't be coming next holiday or that they can't show off a came that is being built for it.  Show off a game in development for it and keep hype and interest for it from falling.  Plus we already know Project Cars is going for Morpheus support so it's not out of the question for a morpheus centric game to be shown.

Yeah, but I doubt that it's going to be a PM game seeing as it is coming so soon. 
Project Cars doesn't center around PM.  It's too soon for a PM game, we may definitely have games that support it, but none that are going to be centered around it. 

Raven

I didn't say that it's certainly not a VR game. I just doubt it. I also have serious doubts about Morpheus being ready by next holiday. You're talking to someone who is pretty sure that headset isn't coming until 2016.

Legend

Yeah, but I doubt that it's going to be a PM game seeing as it is coming so soon. 
Project Cars doesn't center around PM.  It's too soon for a PM game, we may definitely have games that support it, but none that are going to be centered around it.

Indie games are made faster and the devs usually prefer being fresh.

If guns up is aaa though then yeah vr centric seems out of the question.