PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

No. Ram needs to get cheap again.
Download more ram and delete win32.exe, your speeds will increase tenfold.

NeverDies

I just managed to finally raise a Helminth Charger pet in Warframe. The thing is nearly as tall as I am!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

Aug 14, 2017, 12:39 AM Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017, 12:42 AM by BasilZero
Destiny micro transactions appearing on Steam?

Grief.exe on Twitter: "Destiny coming to Steam after all?

https://t.co/O5VURg6enc https://t.co/9XufInQotC"

Edit: Apparently it was added three years ago but you can still buy it lol, wtf why though.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

You can just check the source code and stuff?!?
Well the source code has been freely viewable since the first release.  :D

You were able to post up to 50 lines of code onto the forums, but now it seems like you could do whatever you want through GitHub as long as you keep the license agreements.  

Legend

Legend

Valve battles review-bombers by introducing review histograms - NeoGAF

Because of the PDP/Firewatch incident, seems Valve also took a look at the so-called review-bombings and will now add histograms.
 Some user from the comments describes it well:
Starting today, each game page now contains a histogram of the positive to negative ratio of reviews over the entire lifetime of the game, and by clicking on any part of the histogram you're able to read a sample of the reviews from that time period.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/5931...26897426987372/

Xevross

So Rollercoaster Tycoon Classis just launched, which is some sort of mashup of RC1 and RC2. I'm quite excited to try it out for all the nostalgia but I'm probably going to wait for more user reviews first. I didn't expect it to be £15 :(

RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic on Steam

Legend

So Rollercoaster Tycoon Classis just launched, which is some sort of mashup of RC1 and RC2. I'm quite excited to try it out for all the nostalgia but I'm probably going to wait for more user reviews first. I didn't expect it to be £15 :(

RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic on Steam
Any improvements over the originals? I still have my disc copies.

the-pi-guy

I got an email about CryEngine 5.4 a week ago.  They are still chugging along I guess.  
A fair amount of updates.  Vulkan support, new AA methods. A few new things with terrain systems and substance integration.  Among others.  

Saw on Reddit that Lumberyard just released 1.11 which seems like it's a few days early to me.  
They are replacing some cryengine animation systems, a new scripting solution to replace CryEngine's flowgraph, a converter for CryEntities to new Component Entities.  
It also comes preinstalled with Starter Game.

darkknightkryta

I got an email about CryEngine 5.4 a week ago.  They are still chugging along I guess.  
A fair amount of updates.  Vulkan support, new AA methods. A few new things with terrain systems and substance integration.  Among others.  

Saw on Reddit that Lumberyard just released 1.11 which seems like it's a few days early to me.  
They are replacing some cryengine animation systems, a new scripting solution to replace CryEngine's flowgraph, a converter for CryEntities to new Component Entities.  
It also comes preinstalled with Starter Game.
Crytek is continuing Cryengine while Amazon is scrapping it...

the-pi-guy

Crytek is continuing Cryengine while Amazon is scrapping it...
Yeah pretty much.

Legend

I'm surprised that cryengine is still trucking along. Are there any big games in development using it?

the-pi-guy

I'm surprised that cryengine is still trucking along. Are there any big games in development using it?
Same.  
Not too much.  
BattleCry is apparently using it.  Crytek still has 2 games in development.

Go Up