PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Steam Summer Sale '17 Hidden Gems & Under-The-Radar Recommendations thread

/Disgaea PC Highly recommend Disgaea PC. Its $7.99 during the summer sale, the lowest I've seen it. I bought my copy last fall at bundle stars for like $8 (after a coupon deal when it was $10). I'm 94 hours into the game so far. I had clocked 300+ hours on the PS2 version so ya, its highly worth it especially for the price it is now :3.

BasilZero

Jun 25, 2017, 01:48 PM Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017, 02:13 PM by BasilZero
I'm done with the Steam summer sale.

I think I spent the most ever in a Steam Summer sale ever since I first spending monies in a Steam summer sale event since 2012.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Bundle Edition - $13.26
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Gold Edition - $13
Sonic Lost World - $7.50
The Walking Dead Season 2 - $6.24
Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris + Season Pass - $5.79
Prince of Persia Warrior Within - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $5
LEGO Lord of the Rings - $5
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY - $4
Atari Vault - $3.39
Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition- -$3
HITMAN GO Definitive Edition - $2
SEGA Classics: Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine - $1.24

$79.42

Didnt even have to use my Credit Card once though which was nice :p.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

The thing that bothers me the most about emulation is usually setting up controllers.

A lot of time my controllers will just randomly stop working.  

Ugh.

BasilZero

The thing that bothers me the most about emulation is usually setting up controllers.

A lot of time my controllers will just randomly stop working.  

Ugh.
Eh?

What controllers and emulation as in?

the-pi-guy

Eh?

What controllers and emulation as in?
Pretty much all of them.  

BasilZero

Pretty much all of them.  
Huh , thats strange, my DS4 and Xbox 360 controller always work with the emulators I used.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I just got a new laptop, paid way to much for it. Everything out there sucks for under 2k. It's got a i7 and and 1050ti and  a 4k screen.

Should do for my cad and CNC/3d Printing work, but be a bit hard to game on.

the-pi-guy

Huh , thats strange, my DS4 and Xbox 360 controller always work with the emulators I used.
I was playing on PCSX 2.  Controller was working fine.  Went to chrome for a minute.  
And PCSX 2 wouldn't register the controller anymore until I reconnected it. Then it was fine while I was playing it.  

I run into a lot of problems like that.  Regardless of controller or emulator.  

Legend

I just got a new laptop, paid way to much for it. Everything out there sucks for under 2k. It's got a i7 and and 1050ti and  a 4k screen.

4k sounds pretty good to me.

darkknightkryta

Honestly, prices of laptops have skyrocketed when they introduced ultrabooks.  Was back in the day you could buy a midrange laptop (Which was still great) for like 600.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Honestly, prices of laptops have skyrocketed when they introduced ultrabooks.  Was back in the day you could buy a midrange laptop (Which was still great) for like 600.
Yeah, it's gotten out of hand. 1000 bucks for a dual core and a gpu that probably wont run minecraft is highway robbery.

darkknightkryta

Yeah, it's gotten out of hand. 1000 bucks for a dual core and a gpu that probably wont run minecraft is highway robbery.
I honestly don't blame them.  Laptops are on razor thing margins, if any.  They have the same razor blade model.  In laptop's cases the blades are bags and mice.  600 for a midrange laptop was probably too much for everyone.  Like they price war'd themselves into losing money kinda like with T.V.s.  LG and Samsung price war'd themselves into Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic and Sharp losing money.

Go Up