Gears 4 Review Thread: 84 OC (37 Reviews), 85 (46 Reviews)

Started by Aura7541, Oct 06, 2016, 12:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Looks like it won't reach the critical praise MS is expected.

Great scores btw.

the-pi-guy

A tiny speck higher than I expected.  
Cool.

Raven

Sounds like it's a really good game but I think, as most of us expected, it's a franchise that is beyond its glory years. I might still pick it up on PC just because I'm an old Gears fan.

kitler53

Looks like it won't reach the critical praise MS is expected.

Great scores btw.
i expect ms will still claim it reached critical praise.  ms is the mike pence of video games...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Aura7541

4 more reviews added on OpenCritic. The average has increased to 85. Solid job by The Coalition.

GribbleGrunger

Great reviews for a game that's going to be well worth playing ... but I have to say WindowsCentral is starting to look very suspicious in these XB1 reviews. MS might want to have a word and ask them to score a few games lower just to make it appear less 'bais'.

Aura7541

Great reviews for a game that's going to be well worth playing ... but I have to say WindowsCentral is starting to look very suspicious in these XB1 reviews. MS might want to have a word and ask them to score a few games lower just to make it appear less 'bais'.
It's best to look past the name of the site and judge the review based on its merits. It is definitely thorough, though it is quite lenient with the singleplayer while others are pretty critical of it.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Down to 84
So much for being a good game :'(

Non joking though I expect reviews to keep dropping, maybe down to 81. Been a while since we had a review embargo this far before release.

Aura7541

Down to 84
At least Forza Horizon 3 has maintained its average at 91.

SWORDF1SH

Good scores. I've heard the story is just ok but what the multiplayer like since that's the main reason that people buy Gears? I've not read any reviews.