Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well im not sure whats the best way to test it.

darkknightkryta

Well im not sure whats the best way to test it.
I don't know either, though I might have had the leads wrong.  I forgot LEDs are polarized.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah, was going to mention that.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Think I will scrap my idea.  

Pi 3 Case for 5" Touch screen by lowboydrvr - Thingiverse

Use this for the screen, and the system.  Maybe some other time I will design a case for the controller and battery.
Do you need that printed?

I got a new machine coming this week. It's the most popular machine out right now and make magazine number one pick for 2016 and 2017. I can't wait. I expect some high quality prints off of this thing.

So now I'l have 3. Which will make large project go a lot quicker. Now just to finish my office so I can by the CNC machine. And maybe a laser cutter a the end of 2018, if i'm lucky.  

the-pi-guy

I got a new machine coming this week. It's the most popular machine out right now and make magazine number one pick for 2016 and 2017. I can't wait. I expect some high quality prints off of this thing.

So now I'l have 3. Which will make large project go a lot quicker. Now just to finish my office so I can by the CNC machine. And maybe a laser cutter a the end of 2018, if i'm lucky.  
How much would I have to pay you to make and send it?  

darkknightkryta

How much would printing something and sending it here cost me?  I kind of want a case for my supergun.

Mmm_fish_tacos

How much would I have to pay you to make and send it?  
I could do 10 plus shipping.

How much would printing something and sending it here cost me?  I kind of want a case for my supergun.
Do you have an STL file? It really depends on how long it take to print.

the-pi-guy

I can't right now, but that'd be awesome.  

I will let you know.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I can't right now, but that'd be awesome.  

I will let you know.
Yeah, When ever you're ready.

darkknightkryta

No, I've been planning it now.

darkknightkryta

Hey Tacos, I realized I'll have to use the same 5V on the benchtop to power the VGA adapter and my controller converters.  Will sharing the 1 rail with 4 devices work?  The Jamma harness I bought has all the power lines connected to itself.  So I can't siphon from the harness I have to get it from the power supply.  I can always cut up the sata and ide power cords that came with the power supply, but I think the 1 screw terminal on the bench would be a better solution.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hey Tacos, I realized I'll have to use the same 5V on the benchtop to power the VGA adapter and my controller converters.  Will sharing the 1 rail with 4 devices work?  The Jamma harness I bought has all the power lines connected to itself.  So I can't siphon from the harness I have to get it from the power supply.  I can always cut up the sata and ide power cords that came with the power supply, but I think the 1 screw terminal on the bench would be a better solution.
It's hard to say. If 5v is all you have and your 4 devices what to pull more than 5v at once then you'll have issues. As long as you stay under that I think you'll be fine.

Do you have links to the stuff your working with?

darkknightkryta

darkknightkryta

Okay so I powered on my board for the first time yesterday.  The fan started so I'm assuming it's working.  The controller adapters might not be working though.  I have them plugged in, but the LED isn't turning on.  Power is going to them, but I might just have to plug a controller in for them to work.  Either that or they were very sensitive and static shock killed them (I doubt).  I bought the wrong VGA cables, so I can't fully test everything yet.  I will later today when I buy the proper female to female.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got my new printer in on friday, and got it built up and running prints. This thins is amazing.

I've done several prints so far, including an 12 hour job and not a single issue or failure. Printing some the nicest parts I've seen.

My other Printers can print really nice parts too. But I usually have to fight with them to get them going correctly. This on I just press print and walk away.

Go Up