Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do the madcatz layout.  It's the most flexible.  You can get proper SNK and Tekken layout with it.  You can "almost" get Capcom's layout.  Did you end up giving up on wiring the dualshock 4?
Pretty much. It's such a pain in the dog. The hardest controller I've ever tried to mod. I actually had my best results taping wires to the plastic traces. But it wasn't something I would trust for a long time use. Besides that new pbc is out and I think that would take care of it all.

right now my answer is horizon.

Invalid Tweet ID
Yeah, I have a feeling Horizon is going to be popular for makers. I tried to see if anyone has a model of it yet and I can't find one. Wait for the game to come out and I'm sure they'll start popping up around the net.

darkknightkryta

Pretty much. It's such a pain in the dog. The hardest controller I've ever tried to mod. I actually had my best results taping wires to the plastic traces. But it wasn't something I would trust for a long time use. Besides that new pbc is out and I think that would take care of it all.
Yeah, I have a feeling Horizon is going to be popular for makers. I tried to see if anyone has a model of it yet and I can't find one. Wait for the game to come out and I'm sure they'll start popping up around the net.
Yeah if my arduino work doesn't pan out I might tap out and order a few Brook boards and wire them.

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang it. Something i thought would be simple isnt so. I just need a mirrored copy of this part. But no...

Legend

So after a bunch of frustration I've manage to get the top to my fightstick design mostly modeled in fusion 360. I've used parameters for everything. So on the fly I can change the button spacing the ark of the button and their hole size as well as material thickness. Now on to the rest of the box!

So I added a bore for the back side of the button, So I could use clip in buttons. I extruded it like this. -thickness/2. Which at the time seemed to be the right thing to do. That's before I realized the snap in area had to remain the same thickness no matter how thick of a material I used. I'm not sure how to do that, anyone have an Idea?

The blue area is the area I'm trying to make constant no matter the thickness of the material.
If you're 3D printing, remember to fillet all of the edges. Makes things so much nicer and saves a lot of time vs sanding.

If you guys could make something from a video game. What would it be?
FEZ hypercube.

Mmm_fish_tacos

If you're 3D printing, remember to fillet all of the edges. Makes things so much nicer and saves a lot of time vs sanding.
FEZ hypercube.
It's going to be cnc routed. There's no way that 3d printing this would be cost effective.

Legend

It's going to be cnc routed. There's no way that 3d printing this would be cost effective.
I don't think 3D printing would be that bad, but CNC will get better results for sure.

darkknightkryta

Is that the underside?  I can't make out what you drew to well.  Cause you need to box the joystick, not the buttons.

Mmm_fish_tacos

May 25, 2016, 11:09 PM Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:22 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Is that the underside?  I can't make out what you drew to well.  Cause you need to box the joystick, not the buttons.
I still need to box the joystick, but I need to take measurements first. I boxed the buttons because it's going to be made (at least I think it will) for half inch thick material. I want snap in buttons and the boxed area give room for you fingers to pop buttons out and making the surface the right thickness for the button to snap in. I'm making a render now, once it done i'll post it.

Here it is in translucent green. I'm doing another render now in a blue.

Mmm_fish_tacos

darkknightkryta

Straighten the last three buttons.  Slagcoin has the dimensions for different layouts.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Straighten the last three buttons.  Slagcoin has the dimensions for different layouts.
You dont want them  in an ark?

Mmm_fish_tacos

May 26, 2016, 03:13 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:53 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
I decied to do a quick mock up of a push button to make sure I have room in my box. It's dimensionally correct.

Moved the plunger up a little bit to make it more accurate.

I made this based on info from the net.  it doesn't look right at all. I'll have to go get a cheap set of calipers and measure mine tomorrow.

darkknightkryta

May 26, 2016, 11:30 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:42 AM by darkknightkryta
You dont want them  in an ark?
No.  A full upward arc was never used in the arcade until very late by snk.  But at that point the had already used straight with a button down for a while.  Plus Street Fighter was straight in the U.S. and a rainbow pattern in Japan.

This is the japanese layout:

This is U.S.:

This is the old snk:

You get almost all those layouts with the madcatz.  They have the layout at Slagcoon

The joystick is shifted in these plans though

Mmm_fish_tacos

kitler53

this probably isn't helpful but it is what i though of...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up