Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

I think after I finish my desk and get my stuff moved into the game room I'm going to start on a buster sword.

This one is the coolest I've found but It's made of solid metal. I really don't want a 150 pound sword though. Mine will be made from plastics and woods. Probably with metal bits.

Man at Arms built one.  It was awesome.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 25, 2016, 10:25 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2016, 10:28 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Man at Arms built one.  It was awesome.
I watched his video. I didn't like his buster sword. It didn't look right at all and he seemed like the didn't even want to build it. And I think it showed in his work.

Watch this video. Or skim it. Its pretty long.

darkknightkryta

I watched his video. I didn't like his buster sword. It didn't look right at all and he seemed like the didn't even want to build it. And I think it showed in his work.

Watch this video. Or skim it. Its pretty long.

What was wrong with the man at arms sword?

Mmm_fish_tacos

What was wrong with the man at arms sword?
dang, I thought I answered this. I dunno, it just looked like crud. Everything just seemed half assed.

This thing is huge.

darkknightkryta

dang, I thought I answered this. I dunno, it just looked like crud. Everything just seemed half assed.

This thing is huge.

He made a huge sword.  It needed two people to hold it.

darkknightkryta

So the pcb I bought for my arcade stick isn't working.  It's probably the wiring.  I'm going to try t recrimp them but I might have to make my own wiring system.  If not I might get a bunch of shift registers and make a a custom psx pcb

Mmm_fish_tacos

I have an Idea for a  Vr HMD holder. I'm going to work on it in sketchup tomorrow. I really wish I had the laser cutter now..

Mmm_fish_tacos

Would it be a good idea to buy a used 3d printer? Maker bots can be had for 1/3 their normal price on ebay.

Mmm_fish_tacos

May 18, 2016, 10:14 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:08 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
X-CarveĀ®

I'm trying to talk my dad into going in half with me. He want's one, so we'll see. I might be making custom fight stick boxes soon!

I'd still rather have the laser cutter but this is a lot cheaper.

@darkknightkryta

Holly crud this could be really cool. So chun li would be carved into the wood. Then I was thinking about filling in the out like with colored resins. So hyped!

darkknightkryta

May 19, 2016, 12:58 AM Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:02 AM by darkknightkryta
X-CarveĀ®

I'm trying to talk my dad into going in half with me. He want's one, so we'll see. I might be making custom fight stick boxes soon!

I'd still rather have the laser cutter but this is a lot cheaper.

@darkknightkryta

Holly crud this could be really cool. So chun li would be carved into the wood. Then I was thinking about filling in the out like with colored resins. So hyped!
O_O

On another note, I'm trying figure out how to program my own ps2 controller.  The pcb I got got short circuited.

I have my arduino coming in with shift registers.

Mmm_fish_tacos

If you guys could make something from a video game. What would it be?

Mmm_fish_tacos

May 25, 2016, 03:32 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:24 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
So after a bunch of frustration I've manage to get the top to my fightstick design mostly modeled in fusion 360. I've used parameters for everything. So on the fly I can change the button spacing the ark of the button and their hole size as well as material thickness. Now on to the rest of the box!

So I added a bore for the back side of the button, So I could use clip in buttons. I extruded it like this. -thickness/2. Which at the time seemed to be the right thing to do. That's before I realized the snap in area had to remain the same thickness no matter how thick of a material I used. I'm not sure how to do that, anyone have an Idea?

The blue area is the area I'm trying to make constant no matter the thickness of the material.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Okay, I got it. Because I already screwed up and probably didn't model the bore in the most efficient way I did it like this after setting up a new parameter for the button bore. -thickness/2+button_bore. Worked perfectly, now it will keep the same thickness around the button no matter what material thickness I choose.

darkknightkryta

Do the madcatz layout.  It's the most flexible.  You can get proper SNK and Tekken layout with it.  You can "almost" get Capcom's layout.  Did you end up giving up on wiring the dualshock 4?

kitler53

If you guys could make something from a video game. What would it be?
right now my answer is horizon.

Invalid Tweet ID

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up