Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

My CPS3 board I bought is way smaller than I was expecting. I was hoping to put my supergun on top of it.  Looks like it won't fit.

darkknightkryta

Aug 15, 2017, 09:00 PM Last Edit: Aug 15, 2017, 09:47 PM by darkknightkryta
Okay I sorted my VGA cable issue.  I turned on my supergun for the first time annnnnndd... nothing.  No input.  I have a suspicion that it's the VGA converter.  It needs 2A.  CPS2 needs 3.4A, my power supply is rated for 5.  5.4 vs 5.  I unplugged my controller decoders to see if that would save some current.  I got a pink screen after I had it auto detect.  I'm going to buy a dedicated power supply for the video converter tomorrow.  I tried running the CPS2 board buy itself without the video converter to see if the stereo jacks work, but I don't think my VGA to HDMI adapter will work without the VGA sending in a video.  So I can't really test for sure to see if the board is working right.

Hmm, I was actually looking at my power supply, it's rated for 13 amps and the ac/dc adapter is 6 amps.  My benchtop has 5 amp fuses.  The fuses didn't blow, so it's fine, so I'm not sure if it's the current anymore.

Never mind, I had it set to AC when I was measuring the current.  When I switched it to DC the power supply shut off.  Not sure why, since I didn't have the video converter plugged in and the board only takes 3.4 amps.  So 5A should have enough head room before the fuses do anything.  I'll still try getting a separate plug for the video converter and see if that works.

darkknightkryta

Ugh, nothing's working!  I think I have to buy an arcade power supply.  The dedicated power supply didn't work.  When I plug in my CPS2 board my voltage drops to 4.3V which isn't enough to drive the board.  I also get no current when I test the jamma harness.  So annoying.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Making with Electronics can be a pain.

darkknightkryta

I'm going to drop by the electronic store tomorrow and see if they have those adjustable power supplies that look like the arcade ones.  Like, there are the arcade ones, and there's the ones that look identical to them.  As long as I can adjust the voltage and current it should be fine.  I guess I'll also pick up a project box while I'm there for everything.  Is a dremel the only way to cut through plastic?  I want to make mounting ports, but I need to cut holes into the plastic.

Mmm_fish_tacos

darkknightkryta

Yeah I was planning to buy one of those power supplies and a switch.  Well one of the power supplies at the electronic store that looks like that.  I might stop by Happ.  There's a Happ location near me, I was always curious to find out if it's just an office or a warehouse.  Happ sells arcade parts.  I was thinking of drilling a hole and then cutting with a saw like you suggested.  I have to see if my dad still has that serated knife that he used for cutting wood and dry wall.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 16, 2017, 11:33 PM Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017, 12:18 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Yeah I was planning to buy one of those power supplies and a switch.  Well one of the power supplies at the electronic store that looks like that.  I might stop by Happ.  There's a Happ location near me, I was always curious to find out if it's just an office or a warehouse.  Happ sells arcade parts.  I was thinking of drilling a hole and then cutting with a saw like you suggested.  I have to see if my dad still has that serated knife that he used for cutting wood and dry wall.
If it's a normal drywal knife it isn't going to work.  Got to your hardware store and see if you can find a thin fine tooth jig saw blade. That will work better.

darkknightkryta

If it's a normal drywal knife it isn't going to work.  Got to your hardware store and see if you can find a thin fine tooth jig saw blade. That will work better.
I don't want to use a jigsaw.  I wanna cut it by hand.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I don't want to use a jigsaw.  I wanna cut it by hand.
you will cut it by hand. Just using a jigsaw blade.

darkknightkryta

you will cut it by hand. Just using a jigsaw blade.
Is there a holder for it?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Is there a holder for it?
You might be able to find one. Or just wrap tape around the end.

darkknightkryta

This is supposed to be a gif of Colbert banging his head on a table.

Mmm_fish_tacos

This is supposed to be a gif of Colbert banging his head on a table.
What now?

darkknightkryta

I most likely wired my switch filter wrong and I can't figure out why.  I traced everything yet no cigar.

Go Up