The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

BasilZero

Saw this on the internet. I thought it was funny.
http://www.eastarwars.com/

This is perfect LOL

BasilZero

Happy 35th year anniversary for PAC-MAN!

I bought the Championship DX+ all you can eat bundle on Steam.

The last time I played a Pac-Man game was on the NES and that was over 20 years ago.

Aura7541

I feel that this Jimquisition is worth putting up here. Basically, the more developers can do their own thing and not be hobbled by the pressures of AAA publishers, the better.

BananaKing

It's an RPG, come on son. It's not a TPS game. The story in 1 is by far the best in the series.

the story is really good actually yeah, it grabbed me and i liked the conversations a lot and used to pick around. but the gameplay is just getting in the way for me. just because its an RPG doesnt give it an excuse to have bad gameplay.

BananaKing

It was that bad when I played it when it first came out. Never understood the hypE.

it came out in 2007, a full year after gears of war, they should have looked at gears's gameplay and taken a bit from it. uncharted released the same year and it had a much more fluid shooting system.

BasilZero

May 24, 2015, 11:05 AM Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:17 AM by BasilZero

the story is really good actually yeah, it grabbed me and i liked the conversations a lot and used to pick around. but the gameplay is just getting in the way for me. just because its an RPG doesnt give it an excuse to have bad gameplay.

The gameplay isnt bad though, you just went in having super high expectations...you are expecting it to be a TPS but it isnt lol. This particular game is made by Bioware who makes RPGs.

BananaKing

The gameplay isnt bad though, you just went in having super high expectations...you are expecting it to be a TPS but it isnt lol. This particular game is made by Bioware who makes RPGs.

i didnt expect great gameplay. i expected something that i can have fun with playing. i admit, i have a serious issue playing outdated games, but this one just didnt have good gameplay, i still dont understand the cover system in it.

Dr. Pezus

it came out in 2007, a full year after gears of war, they should have looked at gears's gameplay and taken a bit from it. uncharted released the same year and it had a much more fluid shooting system.
Lol sure it should have the same gameplay as those games but still be an RPG? o.O They just chose to focus more on the RPG aspect, which makes sense for an RPG. I dislike the direction they went in with 2 and 3

BananaKing

Lol sure it should have the same gameplay as those games but still be an RPG? o.O They just chose to focus more on the RPG aspect, which makes sense for an RPG. I dislike the direction they went in with 2 and 3

who said anything about it not being an RPG? the game has shooting and cover mechanics and they are very sub par, and the devs should have looked at gears when making their shooting mechanics.

DD_Bwest

rofl the blood splatter in gta really is awesome

BasilZero

i didnt expect great gameplay. i expected something that i can have fun with playing. i admit, i have a serious issue playing outdated games, but this one just didnt have good gameplay, i still dont understand the cover system in it.

I found the gameplay to be enjoyable - I dont think its because its outdated that you dont like it - I think its mainly cause you're expecting it to be an actual TPS when it is actually a RPG. If you want to enjoy an actual great TPS - try Max Payne 3.

who said anything about it not being an RPG? the game has shooting and cover mechanics and they are very sub par, and the devs should have looked at gears when making their shooting mechanics.

Why should a RPG developer look at what a shooter developer makes o.O

Like Pezus says - ME2 and ME3 go in a completely different direction so you might enjoy that a bit more since its more of a shooter than a RPG.

In terms of surviving battle in ME1 - get better equips, get a better shield and lrn2 use your special abilities like the shield regeneration skill you bananawoman :O!

Also dont depend on the AI cause they are dumb :(!

Dr. Pezus

Yeah, gears doesn't have all the stats that ME does. Having it play the same would eliminate the need for the stats and equipment

darkknightkryta

Does Sony still have the license to F1?

Dr. Pezus

Go Up