Started by darkknightkryta, May 13, 2014, 07:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

DD_Bwest

Legend

Seems smart.

Options are almost always good.

7H3

hmm... honestly I think it would have been smarter to keep the kinect and have discless XONE...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

hmm... honestly I think it would have been smarter to keep the kinect and have discless XONE...

That'd make the system a lot smaller, but it wouldn't save Microsoft any real amount of money.

Disc drives are cheap and on top of that they'd have to set up manufacturing of the disc-less system.

Dr. Pezus

That still makes it even more obvious that you're getting less than with the PS4 :o

ethomaz

Not that I think it will help in sales but it was the right thing to do.

MS is doing a new batch of 180 things today:

- Kinect less SKU
- No more Gold paywall to Multimedia Apps
- Changing the Gold Free Games to be like PS+

It is good to hear they are doing things to not reach doom levels of sales like Wii U did last year... Titanfall and $50 deals clearly didn't put Xbox One on fire like they expected... so others actions was expected.

Now they needs to shows games at E3.

BTW NPD is in two days... I expected this announce at E3 and not today but it seems like the NPD April will be megaton.

ethomaz

They can't take looses anymore with Xbox One... the TF Bundle at $450 could hurt them at long term... so a Kinect less SKU is a way to not "drop the price" but give a cheaper option to the consumers.

BTW this announced was expected and talked in the Internet since last year reveal... so it come without surprise.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah and suddenly "renting" games became a whole lot better than getting them for "free".

ethomaz

Yeah and suddenly "renting" games became a whole lot better than getting them for "free".

If they can make the "free" gaming lineup on pair with PS+ then I prefer this "renting" but if they will continue with old crud then not.

ethomaz

Saw that on GAF... they [Sony] don't need to do that :(

Riderz1337

Why do these Xbox fans on VGC keep saying shame like after E3 it will be clear Microsoft offers the best games and whatnot...

Do they forget Sony is having a press conference as well? They're saying dumb shame like this before they even watch the conferences.

I guess it doesn't matter, because even if Sony drops megaton after megaton, and Microsoft shows Kinectimals the entire show, they will still come up with battleship excuses as to why MS won and whatnot. I hate blind, biased and idiotic fanboys like that. So irritating. I should stop going on VGChartz...

The past couple of days I've been leaning towards Neogaf...They are a tad bit Sony biased, but I've seen even the most loyal Sony supporters on that site call Sony out on their battleship and vice versa with MS/Ninty supporters.

Add me on Neogaf if you want - Riderz1337
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

nnodley

Uhm, talk about desperation.  April NPD and world wide sales must be freaking horrendous.  Now May sales will even worse by this announcement.  And not to mention the ps4 is still the better deal.

We had Xbox One, TF, and kinect bundles going for $450 or less and that didn't help MS at all.  I only see this being a very very temporary boost in June maybe July.  Then holidays will help.  But Xbox One is dead outside of USA and UK. 

I do wonder if sony is now contemplating a $350 ps4 and or a $399 ps4 and camera bundle if X1 starts gaining some traction in NA.  Both of those are probably possible now as the ps4 components are probably a little less to buy, but still might not be the best to do it yet.  If the ps4 still wins every NPD they will wait though.

7H3

ahaha a $399 ps4 + eye bundle would be hilarious right now
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

Uhm, talk about desperation.  April NPD and world wide sales must be freaking horrendous.  Now May sales will even worse by this announcement.  And not to mention the ps4 is still the better deal.

We had Xbox One, TF, and kinect bundles going for $450 or less and that didn't help MS at all.  I only see this being a very very temporary boost in June maybe July.  Then holidays will help.  But Xbox One is dead outside of USA and UK. 

I do wonder if sony is now contemplating a $350 ps4 and or a $399 ps4 and camera bundle if X1 starts gaining some traction in NA.  Both of those are probably possible now as the ps4 components are probably a little less to buy, but still might not be the best to do it yet.  If the ps4 still wins every NPD they will wait though.

Sony just needs to release the games. The current price point is perfect for them, and their PR image has been utterly flawless. The Xbox One price drop will help MS, but it won't guarantee them the lead over the PS4.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.