AC Unity Season Pass Cancelled, Ubi offers free game instead

Started by Legend, Nov 26, 2014, 08:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Doom thread!

The launch of Assassin's Creed Unity was a highly-anticipated moment for me and for our development teams around the world who dedicated a tremendous amount of energy, passion and skill to the game's creation. For us, it was the culmination of years of work on new technologies, the development of multiple innovations -- including an all-new game engine -- and an evolution of the Assassin's Creed franchise's core pillars. More importantly, we know that it was a highly-anticipated moment for many of you as well, as you looked forward to taking part in the first truly next generation Assassin's Creed game.

Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues. I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of Ubisoft and the entire Assassin's Creed team. These problems took away from your enjoyment of the game, and kept many of you from experiencing the game at its fullest potential. 

We've been working hard to fix the problems players are reporting, and the patches we have released so far have resolved many of them. Today, we're releasing our third patch, which fixes a variety of specific issues related to the game's stability and performance, matchmaking and connectivity, gameplay and menus. You can find the release notes on that patch here: Patch 3 Notes

To show our appreciation for your continued support, we're making the upcoming Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone. For Season Pass holders, we will also offer the choice of one additional game from a selection of Ubisoft titles for free. More details on the offer for Season Pass holders can be found here: AC Unity FAQ

In addition to the latest patch and this offer, we are committed to delivering further fixes for other issues you've raised. In the meantime, please keep your feedback coming - it has been both humbling and incredibly helpful as we continue working hard to improve the overall quality of the game. We are hopeful that with these forthcoming updates, everyone will be able to truly enjoy their Assassin's Creed Unity experience. 

We will continue striving to make Assassin's Creed one of the most ambitious and innovative franchises on the market, and we thank you for your continued loyalty and support. 

Sincerely, 

Yannis Mallat 

CEO, Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/...m:148-76770-32

Legend

TERMS:
Am I eligible to receive the Dead Kings DLC for free?

Yes! Anyone that purchases Assassin's Creed Unity on PS4, Xbox One or PC will be eligible.

When will Dead Kings be available?

We have not yet announced a release date for this DLC, but it is coming soon.

How do I get the Dead Kings DLC*?

Xbox One 

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the Xbox One Marketplace. There will also be a link from the in-game menu. 

PlayStation 4 

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the PlayStation store. You will also find a link from the in-game menu.

PC 

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on within Uplay or in the Steam store from the ACU product page depending on where you purchased the game. You will also find a link from the in-game menu. 

Am I eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game? 

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin's Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Rayman Legends
Just Dance 2015 
We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.

What about the other content from the Season Pass? 

Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China.

Is the Season Pass still available for sale? 

We are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass. 

* FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT'S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-CA/...m:148-76770-32

Xevross

Holy crud, I guess they're not as bad as EA after all

Raven

Apparently not passionate enough to delay the game as needed and make dang sure that after using 600 people to work on a game like this that it was free of these "unexpected technical issues". Ubisoft's passion went right out the door when they started seeing big dollar signs. Now they compromise on quality and integrity in exchange for cash grabs. I'm boycotting Ubisoft titles until they can prove that they can actually consistently make quality titles and don't battleship their fanbase like they did with Watch Dogs.

Legend

Apparently not passionate enough to delay the game as needed and make dang sure that after using 600 people to work on a game like this that it was free of these "unexpected technical issues". Ubisoft's passion went right out the door when they started seeing big dollar signs. Now they compromise on quality and integrity in exchange for cash grabs. I'm boycotting Ubisoft titles until they can prove that they can actually consistently make quality titles and don't battleship their fanbase like they did with Watch Dogs.

I'm only boycotting AC:U. Far Cry 4 seems to avoid this mess, so I'll support it.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

I'm only boycotting AC:U. Far Cry 4 seems to avoid this mess, so I'll support it.

It's a problem with the whole company. AC: Unity was a technical disaster, Ubisoft's handling of the sexism issue was poor, and it has become a cash grab franchise for them. The soul of the franchise has pretty much vanished. Watch Dogs was one of the greatest examples of a company lying through its teeth to its fans and well overhyped to boot. They delayed Rayman Legends for the Wii U at the last minute for an entire year just to line it up with its release on other platforms. A big middle finger to Nintendo fans. The guy who made Rayman has his own studio now so he already has one foot out the door. The Crew is garbage from what everyone who has tried it is saying. The Division is already reportedly getting visual downgrades from its earlier trailers. Ghost Recon Future Soldier was crud after all the time they spent on it. Jade Raymond left the company. The writing is pretty much on the wall right now. Ubisoft has become the new EA.

Legend

It's a problem with the whole company. AC: Unity was a technical disaster, Ubisoft's handling of the sexism issue was poor, and it has become a cash grab franchise for them. The soul of the franchise has pretty much vanished. Watch Dogs was one of the greatest examples of a company lying through its teeth to its fans and well overhyped to boot. They delayed Rayman Legends for the Wii U at the last minute for an entire year just to line it up with its release on other platforms. A big middle finger to Nintendo fans. The guy who made Rayman has his own studio now so he already has one foot out the door. The Crew is garbage from what everyone who has tried it is saying. The Division is already reportedly getting visual downgrades from its earlier trailers. Ghost Recon Future Soldier was crud after all the time they spent on it. Jade Raymond left the company. The writing is pretty much on the wall right now. Ubisoft has become the new EA.

Then who's EA?

Raven

ethomaz

7H3

better find that gold edition so I can get farcry 4 for free lol
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

thats actually pretty good! season pass holders still get the DLC AND get a free game. i hope this costs ubisoft quite a lot of money so they learn their lesson.

BananaKing

yeah thats what i am thinking of doing. do they sell it online on PSN?

Dr. Pezus

Not exactly free though lol

Dr. Pezus

yeah thats what i am thinking of doing. do they sell it online on PSN?

They did. Maybe they've pulled it now