Dark Souls II Comes To Xbox One And PlayStation 4 April 7

Started by Dr. Pezus, Nov 25, 2014, 04:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Souls fans have been eagerly anticipating this announcement. Bandai Namco has confirmed that the most recent entry in the franchise, Dark Souls II, will be headed to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, bundled with all of the existing DLC.

The Scholar of the First Sin edition will include the Crown of the  Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King add-ons. It will also come bundled with the version 1.10 update that adds new features (enhanced item descriptions, better balancing) and new NPCs that augment the story and serve to guide players.

The new iteration will also be arriving for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC (in both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 varieties). Those that already own Dark Souls II will receive the version 1.10 update at no cost.

The new-gen and DirectX 11 versions include upgraded visuals, audio, and lighting, along with higher resolution textures and better performance. Those platforms will also see an increase in maximum online players.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be out on April 7, 2015. For more, check out our review of the original release.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/11/25/dark-souls-ii-comes-to-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-in-april00112233.aspx

Dr. Pezus

Bloodborne late March - Dark Souls II early April. This is madness but it should help push even more Souls fans to next gen!

Legend

Technically I beat you, but your op is much better.

http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=1301

Dr. Pezus

Lol I missed that thread

BasilZero

WTF

Bloodborne and DS2 side by side?

Anyways, its great that DS2 is going current gen.

Cant wait to get the game and its DLC on PC in the future :D

kitler53

the timing of these releases is such an epic fail.   dark souls 2 would have been a day-1 purchase if it launch last summer.  things as they are it's only a maybe someday and probably never.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

the timing of these releases is such an epic fail.   dark souls 2 would have been a day-1 purchase if it launch last summer.  things as they are it's only a maybe someday and probably never.

They probably are hoping to cash in on core fans that will double dip, plus all the new fans after playing bloodborne.

I think the timing is great as far as making them money.

kitler53

They probably are hoping to cash in on core fans that will double dip, plus all the new fans after playing bloodborne.

I think the timing is great as far as making them money.

and you'd be wrong.  i'll now wait months before buying DS2 and it will be in the bargain bin by then thus i'll spend $20 instead of $60.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens