Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Started by ethomaz, Nov 11, 2014, 11:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Assassin's Creed Unity is officially out today in the US and as people start to receive their copies, reports of atrocious performance across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions, are starting to come in.

Dealspwn are reporting glitching, pop-in, and massive frame-rate drops in the PS4 version. Something which is also reflected on the PS4 sub-Reddit, with multiple users reporting similar issues.

The Xbox One version appears to also be having some technical issues, according to some users on the Xbox One sub-Reddit.

The PC version, despite scaling well with high-end PCs, was not spared from similar issues on less-powerful ones.

All of these issues could very well be fixed with a day one patch. Though at this time Ubisoft has not said that there's going to be one.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/11/assassins-creed-unity-performance-issues-reported-on-all-platforms/

BananaKing

this game is a joke.

BasilZero

No shame sherlock.

With all the requirements in tow on the PC version it was obvious none of the versions would work properly.

They've got hundreds of people working on the game yet they cant figure out how to actually make the game play properly on the systems they are supposedly designed on.

Dr. Pezus

Lol didn't they have 600 people working on it or something?

NeverDies

Haha, wow. I mean, I thought this game looked a little iffy just from all the glitch footage people had posted before, but this is just terrible.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Riderz1337

GTX 970 can barely hold a stable 40 FPS. Embarrassing, but I honestly doubt Ubisoft give a shame. They've been doing the same crud over and over again.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

nnodley

So far I haven't noticed any pop in or frame rate drops.  But I'm not in paris yet, so it could get worse.

Legend

I'm boycotting the game because of their messed up parity talks a while back, but this sounds bad regardless. Will wait for digital foundry.

Dr. Pezus

74 on Meta (XB1) but 79 on PS4!

BasilZero

I'll get this game on Steam sometime in the distant future.

I'm slowly purchasing the AC series - will get III and Liberation more than likely next year so by the time I buy this game it'll be dirt cheap like the older ones XD.

Raven

74 on the X1 after 27 reviews which means it's not going to go up or down much from there. Good job, Ubisoft. Not only have you continued the trend of making a lower quality AC game after a really good one, and this one might be the lowest received to date, but you did so at the worst time for yourself and after wasting the time of 600 people to do it.

ethomaz

Legend

ethomaz

BasilZero

Maybe he's retiring.

Retiring from playing poorly designed games and then reviewing them.