Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Started by ethomaz, Nov 11, 2014, 11:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-performance-analysis?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

The Parity is so strong that "It's worth pointing out that performance is still a major issue on Microsoft's system" is yet better than "Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4".

lol lol lol

ethomaz

In the meantime, the reasons behind the resolution parity and Xbox One's performance advantage remain something of a mystery. We know that the Microsoft hardware has more CPU time available, and that animation and AI tend to stress processor hardware heavily. The sheer volume of objects on-screen means that the CPU is working overtime in order to prepare the draw-call data for the graphics hardware. There's also the possibility that the Microsoft compiler may be producing more efficient code than its Sony equivalent, though it's hard to believe that even this combination of potential factors could explain the performance differential we see here in many places. Quite why PS4 isn't rendering at a higher resolution is certainly a bit of a puzzler - in addition to GPU resources, it is worth bearing in mind that memory could be a factor too, especially bearing in mind the complexity of Assassin's Creed Unity's next-gen renderer. Of course, the reality may be rather more mundane: we may simply be looking at a game where the developers ran out of time - there's certainly the sense that both console versions of the game aren't running at their best.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So far I haven't noticed any pop in or frame rate drops.  But I'm not in paris yet, so it could get worse.

I've notice it already. Guys popping in 15 feet in front of me. Also i failed a mission chasing a guy through a crowd. When i restarted it 50 percent of the crowd was missing. But the game does look impressive if you're not moving. Although i'm only playing on my 720 plasma. I'm half temped to hook it up to my projector just to see what it really looks like.

nnodley

I've notice it already. Guys popping in 15 feet in front of me. Also i failed a mission chasing a guy through a crowd. When i restarted it 50 percent of the crowd was missing. But the game does look impressive if you're not moving. Although i'm only playing on my 720 plasma. I'm half temped to hook it up to my projector just to see what it really looks like.

Yeah I started noticing pop in more once I got to paris. And i've only had one bad slowdown but it wasn't even during gameplay.  I honestly have no idea why they wanted to have so many NPC's on the screen at once nor is it even necessary.  I understand making the city seem alive, but my lord they need to get their priorities straight.

the-pi-guy

Yeah I started noticing pop in more once I got to paris. And i've only had one bad slowdown but it wasn't even during gameplay.  I honestly have no idea why they wanted to have so many NPC's on the screen at once nor is it even necessary.  I understand making the city seem alive, but my lord they need to get their priorities straight.

"Let's make the city alive" -> adds 100s of NPC to screen  -> Slows down game/plagued with other issues -> Kills city.
"Job well done mate"

nnodley

"Let's make the city alive" -> adds 100s of NPC to screen  -> Slows down game/plagued with other issues -> Kills city.
"Job well done mate"

LULZ!! It's probably what happened. I always thought there were plenty of NPC's in the past games so I don't know why they felt the need to do this.  Plus it's not like the AI for NPC's are better.  They still are stupid as fudge!!

Riderz1337

Really sad that this game and DA Inquisition got reviews released on the same day, and DA isn't even getting released until next week...Seriously they need to fudgy stop with day one review embargo's.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

DD_Bwest

i think the industry needs to adopt a standard,  but itll never happen lol...   

BananaKing

"Job well done mate"

lol. nice. you get an applaud from me sir.

Dr. Pezus

They should've upgraded the AI instead of adding more NPCs imo...

DD_Bwest

Nov 12, 2014, 05:34 PM Last Edit: Nov 12, 2014, 05:37 PM by DD_Bwest

ethomaz

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

* vromm *

DD_Bwest

kkkkkkkkkkkkk

* vromm *
the guy who originally posted the video its from even added motor sounds lol

DD_Bwest

Go Up