The game awards - produced by the Doritos Pope

Started by DD_Bwest, Nov 10, 2014, 05:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

it certainly seems like it!!!!   and if its yearly that would be awesome!!! we need 2 e3's lol

also, well get another chance to use the live view

Yay!!!

kitler53

Dec is becoming a mini E3.

Called it!!!

posting while banned is a immoral.  i smite at you.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

posting while banned is a immoral.  i smite at you.

This seems like the thread for you: http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=656.0

Legend

ethomaz

DD_Bwest

i think if they really want to hit a good note with the comedy,  they should be making fun of eachother, rather then the gamers.   I want to see developers call him the doritos pope,  i want someone to say they are surprised the guy from RAD isnt making a weight lifting game lol have some guys create a joke trailer that uses all the terrible shame gamers yell about,  over the top bad lol cheesy lines, over the top action and cgi with little content and big hype words flashing across screen.

mustacheman

Couldn't possibly be more exciting.

DD_Bwest

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138245776&postcount=454

"So, Keighly, why are the major console producers and game producers on the "advisory" council for this? It sounds almost more like a marketing event than the Spike awards show ever was (and it was hella advertising).

They are on the advisory board because I want their support. If you desire to build a show for the game audience it's kind of important to get it in front of those people who have Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Steam, etc., especially when I don't have a multi million dollar marketing budget.

What is the purpose of the advisory council?

To get their advice and show their support/endorsement of what I'm building. That's important now that I'm building the show independently.

What oversight does the advisory council have, if applicable?

Zero overnight, I just ask them for advice on topics and their support along the way.

How will the advisory council be maintained? Will members ever change? Is there disciplinary action (IE: Removal from council) if impropriety is found?

Yes we will be adding members over time, I'd like to expand the council to folks outside of gaming too down the road. No disciplinary rules in place right now, but if publishers campaign inappropriately to the judges they can have their games disqualified.

I'll talk more about the awards next week in terms of categories, voting and so on. "

DD_Bwest

i like what im hearing, it would be nice if he could organize a true award show system.  something respectable

i just really hope the award trophy isnt an oscar with geoffs head.. lol

ethomaz

It will be amazing.

Legend

That would be the greatest thing to ever happen.

BasilZero

Wasted my time last 2 years.

I think I'll avoid it this year and just read the results/announcements.

NeverDies

This sounds really cool. Hopefully there'll be more game trailers and announcements, rather than dev's saying their product is amazing for 10 minutes.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

This could be an actual, legitimate award show that people put stock into if done correctly. Geoff can definitely use this as an opportunity to make his star rise again. Maybe he can show that his previous shows were whack because he didn't have full control.

Dr. Pezus

I'm going to have some Doritos and Mountain Dew with this

Go Up