What Are You Scared Of?

Started by Riderz1337, Nov 08, 2014, 05:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Riderz1337

Nov 08, 2014, 05:42 AM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2014, 08:20 AM by Shinobi-san
This could be literally anything...Maybe you're afraid of certain animals, maybe you're afraid of dying, afraid of disappointing someone etc...

I'll go first.

I'm scared that I won't do well enough in College to get me a job after I graduate (If I even graduate, I'm scared of this too because my marks suck) and I fear that I'll be stuck in this shaming minimum wage job forever.

There's some employees at the grocery store I work at who are in their 30-40's and are still getting a shaming wage and I'm afraid I'll end up like that. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just don't want to be stuck in a shaming job with shaming pay. I think I would be able to manage a bad job as long as the pay was good though, at least for a little while I guess.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Riderz1337

Oh and I'm scared that all this money I'm spending on College will mean fudge all because I won't even get a job in the field I'm studying.

the-pi-guy

Oooh boy, where do I start? 
I'm scared of
-insects
-poison
-heights
-probably 30 other things I'm forgetting.
Now to the deeper stuff
-being alone
-losing someone.  (That includes you guys.)
-Failing, I just hate letting people down.
-Succeeding, if I succeed, then people's expectations will go up and make any failure that much worse. 

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

I'm scared of falling. Not heights, just falling.

Also I'm terrafied about VizionEck. I'm super confident and believe it'll be an amazing game both in sales and reception, but this is my first time doing anything like this. I guess it's the fear of the unknown combined with the large risks. I've worked 24/7 on this for over a year and still have months to go. All that time during the "prime of my life" could be for nothing and that's scary!!!!!

Financially it's also scary. My budget for VizionEck is like sawdust. I have money to live and I have money to make the game what it deserves, but I can't even think of flying around and doing gameshows or other marketing opportunities. It's hard having to run a business like this.

the-pi-guy

By heights, I mean falling. 

Riderz1337

I'm scared of falling. Not heights, just falling.

Also I'm terrafied about VizionEck. I'm super confident and believe it'll be an amazing game both in sales and reception, but this is my first time doing anything like this. I guess it's the fear of the unknown combined with the large risks. I've worked 24/7 on this for over a year and still have months to go. All that time during the "prime of my life" could be for nothing and that's scary!!!!!

Financially it's also scary. My budget for VizionEck is like sawdust. I have money to live and I have money to make the game what it deserves, but I can't even think of flying around and doing gameshows or other marketing opportunities. It's hard having to run a business like this.

I will by your game even though I don't have a PS4, although I might have one by the time it releases. If I don't I can still purchase it using the online store.

Dr. Pezus

Heights (though not extremely like some people), failure (school/work/anything else) and probably a lot more

Hynad

I won't lie. I'm afraid of death.

Shinobi-san

Death is pretty much the only thing i truly fear. I mean yeah i would be scared if i were to go bungee jumping or something crazy like that, but ultimately that's the fear of the possibility of dying.

I also fear failing and being embarrassed.

I've also previously had the fear of sleeping. You wont believe how terrible that period of my life was.

Oh and lastly i fear losing my mind, going insane or falling into a deep depression. I've been depressed before in my life and wow, i dont wana go back there. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. :/
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

BasilZero

Heights
Bugs
Death
Pets - mostly dogs

Legend

BasilZero

Cant do much about the fear of Dogs

Its something that affected me when I was first born and I almost died because of it.

NeverDies

I'm pretty scared of heights. As long as I have a solid floor under me I usually do ok. But once I walked down these meshed metal stairs on the Eiffel Tower, and it was one of the scariest moments in my life.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

I'm pretty scared of heights. As long as I have a solid floor under me I usually do ok. But once I walked down these meshed metal stairs on the Eiffel Tower, and it was one of the scariest moments in my life.

My fear of heights affect me even in games - a good example is when I played Dark Souls with my friends.

I was more afraid of the heights in the game than the monsters.