Blizzard Announces Overwatch (Team Based MP Shooter)

Started by ethomaz, Nov 07, 2014, 08:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://kotaku.com/overwatch-didnt-impress-me-at-first-1656408622?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Guy went from unimpressed to hooked within three matches. Said that the characters all genuinely feel different. Wonderful chaos erupts and cooperative strategies can quickly and silently take shape. Every match has a "Best Play of the Match" clip at the end of it. One of the ultimate abilities he used completely changed the tide of battle in his team's favor. He didn't like how the movement felt a little slow. There is no sprint button but likely because the game features a lot of movement abilities. He also thinks the map designs need work and he's not sure if the game will keep people around. Still, pretty positive first impression.

Raven

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/11/08/overwatch-may-come-consoles-future

- Currently there are twelve characters. Many more will be added.
- TTK (time to kill) will be higher than your average FPS. Allows for more interaction.
- Team size is 6v6. Too many made each player feel inconsequential. Too few made each player too important.
- No pure deathmatch modes. All modes are intended for cooperation.
- Currently showing two modes. Payload and Capture Point.
- No customization as there will be many characters to choose from.
- There will be some kind of long term progression.
- You can change characters after you die.
- Game took elements from Project Titan.
- No idea if it will be F2P or B2P.
- Coming for PC first. Console versions may happen.

BananaKing

holy fudge i love this game. it looks sooo fresh! i want this on PS4! come on blizzard make this happen.

NeverDies

I wonder if there'll be any other character attacks than what was shone.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Go Up