Halo MCC Review thread

Started by Legend, Nov 07, 2014, 08:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

ethomaz

I bit less I guess.

The gameplay from most of the games are dated to today standard so it will get a hit for that but at the same time is a amazing package... so 85-86.

ethomaz

Nov 07, 2014, 10:57 AM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014, 11:33 AM by ethomaz
And vgcherts are a bit overreacting... everybody knows the gameplay of the first two games are dated.

You can't remaster a game from 2001 and have a solid gameplay that holds to today standards (Titanfal and Destiny).

Said that 87 is a great score and deserved.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Did they really think it was going to score 95?

ethomaz

Did they really think it was going to score 95?

Yeap :D

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeap :D

Lol, didn't they learn from the first remake?

Raven

The final score is much more likely to be closer to what Halo 4 received than what the previous games did. Two of those games are 10+ years old. You can't slap a fresh coat of paint on them and expect everyone to forget that it's still the same game they played from over a decade ago. Halo 4 got the score it did not because it was less than the previous games. Rather, because it was largely the same game in a post-Modern Warfare/Battlefield 3 landscape. Hell, they should be happy with that score. The fact that Halo can go relatively unchanged for this long and still get that kind of score considering what has released since is impressive. I feel like they were expecting it to score like The Last of Us did. With three out of four of the games being as old as they are and Halo 4 being the most recent offering, it wasn't going to happen.

Legend

Hahaha I am a prediction god.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hahaha I am a prediction god.

It's not over yet! 50 more reviews to go.

Legend

It's not over yet! 50 more reviews to go.

Sure, but I'd be shocked if it moved more than one point in either direction.

ethomaz

Nov 07, 2014, 06:08 PM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014, 06:11 PM by ethomaz

Sure, but I'd be shocked if it moved more than one point in either direction.

The reviews that put down the scores didn't was added yet... Edge, Quarter of three, etc.

Quarter of Three give Halo 4 a 1/5... Forza Horizon 2 too.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-2/critic-reviews?dist=negative

Legend

The reviews that put down the scores didn't was added yet... Edge, Quarter of three, etc.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-2/critic-reviews?dist=negative

Yeah but also I feel like with Destiny, some of the later reviews will also be the best.

Dr. Pezus

No chance that Edge will put it down. They like to such MS up

Dr. Pezus

Up to 90 on Meta!!

Legend

Up to 90 on Meta!!

And now the later reviews will bring it back to 88.

Go Up