Final Fantasy XV - New Gameplay Video

Started by NeverDies, Nov 03, 2014, 07:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

NeverDies

Looks pretty cool, even if they basically just ran around and stared at stuff.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Shinobi-san

Yeah i saw this last week.

The world looks wonderful. The only issue i can see is that its a bit empty...even in comparison to other FF games.

The combat also doesn't seem to be very smooth from what ive seen so far but maybe we've only seen low level combat.

I wonder how the battles with those massive creatures are going to play out...? I hope its not another "fight my ankle" battles, which is really annoying.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Dr. Pezus

This game looks gorgeous!

BasilZero

Yeah i saw this last week.

The world looks wonderful. The only issue i can see is that its a bit empty...even in comparison to other FF games.

During the interview when they showed this tech demo - the developers did mention that they purposely took out all NPCs, events and most of the monsters so they can showcase the world/environment. It was to show the scope of the world, not the gameplay.

darkknightkryta

During the interview when they showed this tech demo - the developers did mention that they purposely took out all NPCs, events and most of the monsters so they can showcase the world/environment. It was to show the scope of the world, not the gameplay.

Then they add characters and BAM!  15 fps

BasilZero

Then they add characters and BAM!  15 fps

This aint no western shame ;)

NeverDies

I just wanna see someone splice video together to make it a EPIC ROAD TRIP! It's got everything! Bros, Snacks, and Scantily clad female badasses!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

7H3

I'll probably end up getting this game.. and kingdom hearts 3 in 2018 when they release :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Shinobi-san

Have they done this for all the footage of the game? Because most of the recent footage of the game seems to have the problem i mentioned above.

But yeah it would be nice if we could get a proper walkthrough/demo to really judge. so until then i still have my doubts.

BasilZero

Have they done this for all the footage of the game? Because most of the recent footage of the game seems to have the problem i mentioned above.

But yeah it would be nice if we could get a proper walkthrough/demo to really judge. so until then i still have my doubts.

Nope, all the other demos were just pure tech demos of how battles look like, not of the environment. (I'm mainly talking about the tech videos and not of the storyline trailers they showcased like the TGS FFXV story trailer)

The Behemoth battles they show cased 2013 and before were all test battles because they confirmed the Behemoths would not be the same size as the actual ones in the game, that they made the ones in the tech video bigger to stand out.

The one in the TGS 2014 tech video was smaller and will be more like the ones in the full game.

We'll get a proper playthrough in March 2015 when the full tech demo comes out. Honestly I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Shinobi-san

Nope, all the other demos were just pure tech demos of how battles look like, not of the environment. (I'm mainly talking about the tech videos and not of the storyline trailers they showcased like the TGS FFXV story trailer)

The Behemoth battles they show cased 2013 and before were all test battles because they confirmed the Behemoths would not be the same size as the actual ones in the game, that they made the ones in the tech video bigger to stand out.

The one in the TGS 2014 tech video was smaller and will be more like the ones in the full game.

We'll get a proper playthrough in March 2015 when the full tech demo comes out. Honestly I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Yeah im not too worried. After FF13 i dont have very high expectations for anything from SE.

Im just hoping FF15 will be a decent game thats fun to play.

BasilZero

Nov 04, 2014, 11:46 AM Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014, 11:52 AM by BasilZero

Yeah im not too worried. After FF13 i dont have very high expectations for anything from SE.

Im just hoping FF15 will be a decent game thats fun to play.

The team that is working on XV is a lot different than the team that made XIII though. Aside Kitase who is still producer but he's a co-producer and not just the only one like he was for FFXIII.

They have a different director, writer, artists, etc.

Also my expectations are quite high - I enjoyed FFXIII and XIII-2 a lot - and XV looks a whole lot better than those two games!

Edit: Also excited for Type-0 for the PS4 even though I played a bit of the PSP ver ;p

BananaKing

man, if this game wasnt called FF i would be so hyped for it.

Shinobi-san

The team that is working on XV is a lot different than the team that made XIII though. Aside Kitase who is still producer but he's a co-producer and not just the only one like he was for FFXIII.

They have a different director, writer, artists, etc.

Also my expectations are quite high - I enjoyed FFXIII and XIII-2 a lot - and XV looks a whole lot better than those two games!

Edit: Also excited for Type-0 for the PS4 even though I played a bit of the PSP ver ;p

I know its a different team but at the end of the day SE is still involved , so until the game is actually released and im playing it il remain skeptical. SE have made some of the worse decisions over the last couple of years that its become almost impossible for me to be optimistic about one of their games, especially FF.

Im looking forward to Type-0 hd release for sure!

Hynad

This game is the most impressive RPG in development right now. The Witcher 3 being a close second and X Xenoblade X Chronicles X XXXXX X XXX XXXXXXXX being a distant third.