Final Fantasy XV - New Gameplay Video

Started by NeverDies, Nov 03, 2014, 07:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

NeverDies

My favorite FF game was probably Dirge of Cerberus. Stupid thing glitched on me about halfway through though, so I never finished it. >:(
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

My favorite FF game was probably Dirge of Cerberus. Stupid thing glitched on me about halfway through though, so I never finished it. >:(

Wat ;(

You need to play real Final Fantasy games D; lol

Hynad

Nov 07, 2014, 08:11 PM Last Edit: Nov 07, 2014, 08:20 PM by Hynad

FF XIII was his team.  Cause they screwed up development so badly they needed his team to work on finishing the game.

Oh really. We know that some people from his dev team did go to help on development for XIII. That's true. That doesn't mean his entire team was moved to that project.

Also, you claim that Nomura's team didn't get involved at all in the development for the games he directed and produced. What do you based that on? If members of his team went to work with Kitase's team, there's no reason to believe that members of his team won't work on other projects he is producing and directing.

Since you are not in the know at all about Square-Enix's way of allocating staff to their projects, and are basing everything
on assumptions, here's something for you:

"According to Yoichi Wada, the development department is no longer organized with the Product Development Division System since at least March 2007. The staff is now structured on a project-based system.[http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/special/20070528/1000240/?P=5]"

darkknightkryta

Oh really. We know that some people from his dev team did go to help on development for XIII. That's true. That doesn't mean his entire team was moved to that project.

Also, you claim that Nomura's team didn't get involved at all in the development for the games he directed and produced. What do you based that on? If members of his team went to work with Kitase's team, there's no reason to believe that members of his team won't work on other projects he is producing and directing.

Since you are not in the know at all about Square-Enix's way of allocating staff to their projects, and are basing everything
on assumptions, here's something for you:

"According to Yoichi Wada, the development department is no longer organized with the Product Development Division System since at least March 2007. The staff is now structured on a project-based system.[http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/special/20070528/1000240/?P=5]"

You do realize Final Fantasy XIII and Vs XIII began development before the development departments were disbanded?  Plus getting rid of that division was to put pretty much the entire company to work to finish Final Fantasy XIII.  After Final Fantasy XIII was finished the entire company had to go and recode Final Fantasy XIV.  That's the core reason why Final Fantasy vs XIII took so long to get created, all Wada's fault.  Nomura was working with a skeleton crew experimenting with technology to get the world map working and couldn't bring the game to full production until a couple of years ago.  Also, those spinoffs were coded by external companies.  Nomura had his hand in them for concepts, etc. 

Hynad

You do realize Final Fantasy XIII and Vs XIII began development before the development departments were disbanded?  Plus getting rid of that division was to put pretty much the entire company to work to finish Final Fantasy XIII.  After Final Fantasy XIII was finished the entire company had to go and recode Final Fantasy XIV.  That's the core reason why Final Fantasy vs XIII took so long to get created, all Wada's fault.  Nomura was working with a skeleton crew experimenting with technology to get the world map working and couldn't bring the game to full production until a couple of years ago.  Also, those spinoffs were coded by external companies.  Nomura had his hand in them for concepts, etc.

You have no source.

Thanks. Bye.

BasilZero

Dat intensity in this thread.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Someone's gotta cut the tension! LIKE BUTTER

Xevross

Hynad

The point is,

Dat intensity in this thread.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Someone's gotta cut the tension! LIKE BUTTER

The point is darkknightkryta's claims are based on his assumptions and nothing more. He says that the games I listed weren't developed in-house.

Dissidia, Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance were all developed in-house, while the others were developed in conjonction with second parties. In each cases, S-E staff were working on the games. Not one of them was developed exclusively by a second party.

darkknightkryta

You have no source.

Thanks. Bye.

"The unsuccessful launch of FFXIV caused a negative chain of events in other areas across the businesses. One notable example is the significant delay in the development of new HD games titles in Japan."

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/11/final-fantasy-xivs-rebirth-delayed-development-of-other-square-enix-games/

What HD games were in development during this time?  Final Fantasy Vx XIII.  You know what else was in development at that time?  Nothing.  Lightning Returns was being made at Tri Ace.

BasilZero

Raven

Kinda contradictory dont you think? If they determine it to be released later than they havent set a release date.

I think what he's saying is that they know when they want it to release but it's not as soon as many people are thinking. He didn't say it as if they weren't sure. It sounded more like he's telling people not to get their hopes up that the release date will be soon.

BasilZero

I think what he's saying is that they know when they want it to release but it's not as soon as many people are thinking. He didn't say it as if they weren't sure. It sounded more like he's telling people not to get their hopes up that the release date will be soon.

Ah I think its because most people think its in 2015 due to the demo being out.

But I think its gonna be in 2016 though.

Go Up