Final Fantasy XV - New Gameplay Video

Started by NeverDies, Nov 03, 2014, 07:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

NeverDies

I really want to see what combat is like. I could really see it making or breaking the game.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

I know its a different team but at the end of the day SE is still involved , so until the game is actually released and im playing it il remain skeptical. SE have made some of the worse decisions over the last couple of years that its become almost impossible for me to be optimistic about one of their games, especially FF.

Im looking forward to Type-0 hd release for sure!

For me the only disappointing things done by SE were the long time development of FFXV/Kingdom Hearts III - the decision to make FFXIV a online game rather than a standalone FF Online and the lack of new RPG IPs or the lack of development for other existing IPs such as the Mana series, Chrono series, Valkyrie Profile, etc.

I dont mind the ports of the iOS/android, dont mind the spinoffs, sequels to FFXIII and prequel to FFVII, etc.

Despite the mistakes this last gen has been great as I got to experience these titles and they've been a great experience for me.

-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIII-2
-Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
-Final Fantasy I Anniversary
-Final Fantasy II Anniversary
-Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
-Final Fantasy Dissidia
-Final Fantasy Dissidia 012
-Bravely Default
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Star Ocean The First Departure
-Star Ocean The Second Evolution
-Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

There's more titles that I have yet to play from the last gen and that I have or will get

-Kingdom Hearts 3D
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
-Star Ocean The Last Hope International
-Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP - which I will play before I get a PS4 and the remake :P)
-Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns
-Final Fantasy III Steam
-Final Fantasy IV Steam
-Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy on Steam
-Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (and its sequel)
-The Last Remnant
-Various Dragon Quest remakes
-Dragon Quest IX (NDS)

Thats not counting their Eidos titles such as Tomb Raider, Hitman, etc

So yes I am hyped for the new gen *-*!

Shinobi-san

For me the only disappointing things done by SE were the long time development of FFXV/Kingdom Hearts III - the decision to make FFXIV a online game rather than a standalone FF Online and the lack of new RPG IPs or the lack of development for other existing IPs such as the Mana series, Chrono series, Valkyrie Profile, etc.

I dont mind the ports of the iOS/android, dont mind the spinoffs, sequels to FFXIII and prequel to FFVII, etc.

Despite the mistakes this last gen has been great as I got to experience these titles and they've been a great experience for me.

-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIII-2
-Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
-Final Fantasy I Anniversary
-Final Fantasy II Anniversary
-Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
-Final Fantasy Dissidia
-Final Fantasy Dissidia 012
-Bravely Default
-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
-Star Ocean The First Departure
-Star Ocean The Second Evolution
-Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

There's more titles that I have yet to play from the last gen and that I have or will get

-Kingdom Hearts 3D
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
-Star Ocean The Last Hope International
-Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP - which I will play before I get a PS4 and the remake :P)
-Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns
-Final Fantasy III Steam
-Final Fantasy IV Steam
-Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy on Steam
-Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (and its sequel)
-The Last Remnant
-Various Dragon Quest remakes
-Dragon Quest IX (NDS)

Thats not counting their Eidos titles such as Tomb Raider, Hitman, etc

So yes I am hyped for the new gen *-*!

I think what this comes down to is whether or not you like FF13 and its sequels. Prior to 13 i was fine with SE and the FF franchise, it was one of my favorites. But for a long time FF fan, 13 was very bad imo. And despite the good sales, SE were well aware that the game was not liked by the majority of fans. Yet they released 2 sequels...

To add to that FF14 was initially a major mess...i don't see how they let that happen to a FF game. I'm sure they were well aware of the quality issues with the game when they initially released. So yeah i have big issues with SE especially from last gen. Hopefully this gen they are better, but i think they need to prove themselves before i can trust in their competence.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

darkknightkryta

I know its a different team but at the end of the day SE is still involved , so until the game is actually released and im playing it il remain skeptical. SE have made some of the worse decisions over the last couple of years that its become almost impossible for me to be optimistic about one of their games, especially FF.

Im looking forward to Type-0 hd release for sure!

Yeah, Wada and his cronies really screwed things up.  Plus I don't like how they treated Nomura.  They give that terrible director Toriyama, someone who shouldn't have been directing games in the first place, a main final fantasy game and two spin-offs, but they pull Nomura off his.  The politicking in the company is destroying it.

Raven

I think what this comes down to is whether or not you like FF13 and its sequels. Prior to 13 i was fine with SE and the FF franchise, it was one of my favorites. But for a long time FF fan, 13 was very bad imo. And despite the good sales, SE were well aware that the game was not liked by the majority of fans. Yet they released 2 sequels...

To add to that FF14 was initially a major mess...i don't see how they let that happen to a FF game. I'm sure they were well aware of the quality issues with the game when they initially released. So yeah i have big issues with SE especially from last gen. Hopefully this gen they are better, but i think they need to prove themselves before i can trust in their competence.

Do give them credit for what they did with FF14. Taking it from being one of the worst received MMORPGs to now being a great game was a feat and a half. Most MMOs don't live very long if they're not of a certain quality and they're even less likely to regain and surpass previous player numbers. This is doubly true for MMOs that require a paid subscription. Naoki Yoshida and his team really turned that game around and now it's up to several million subs. Way more than FF11 ever had.

Yeah, Wada and his cronies really screwed things up.  Plus I don't like how they treated Nomura.  They give that terrible director Toriyama, someone who shouldn't have been directing games in the first place, a main final fantasy game and two spin-offs, but they pull Nomura off his.  The politicking in the company is destroying it.

I thought they pulled Nomura off of FF15 so that he could focus on KH3. If that's the case, I really don't see the problem with that as far as potential game quality. I don't know about you but I'm not comfortable with someone directing two games at once. I'm sure it happens all the time but I'd rather know that the game has a director that is focused on that one project to make it the best it can be.

Shinobi-san

Do give them credit for what they did with FF14. Taking it from being one of the worst received MMORPGs to now being a great game was a feat and a half. Most MMOs don't live very long if they're not of a certain quality and they're even less likely to regain and surpass previous player numbers. This is doubly true for MMOs that require a paid subscription. Naoki Yoshida and his team really turned that game around and now it's up to several million subs. Way more than FF11 ever had.

I thought they pulled Nomura off of FF15 so that he could focus on KH3. If that's the case, I really don't see the problem with that as far as potential game quality. I don't know about you but I'm not comfortable with someone directing two games at once. I'm sure it happens all the time but I'd rather know that the game has a director that is focused on that one project to make it the best it can be.

Yeah the FF14 turn around was great, and they are to be commended for that. But the fact that the mess was allowed to happen in the first place, in a big and experienced game dev company means that something is very wrong with how SE is going about their business.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

darkknightkryta

They might have, but the entire situation is terrible.  When Nomura was working on Final Fantasy Vs 13, his entire dev team was pulled off to finish Final Fantasy XIII.  While Tri Ace was coding Final Fantasy XIII-2, which dev team do you think was working on Lightning Returns?  Nomura's and the entire FF XIII team.  The reason Final Fantasy 15 didn't have any progress is 100% Kitase and Wada's fault.  Not only did they keep on shoving titles down our throats, titles no one asked for, the title we did ask for wasn't being worked on because of it.

Raven

They might have, but the entire situation is terrible.  When Nomura was working on Final Fantasy Vs 13, his entire dev team was pulled off to finish Final Fantasy XIII.  While Tri Ace was coding Final Fantasy XIII-2, which dev team do you think was working on Lightning Returns?  Nomura's and the entire FF XIII team.  The reason Final Fantasy 15 didn't have any progress is 100% Kitase and Wada's fault.  Not only did they keep on shoving titles down our throats, titles no one asked for, the title we did ask for wasn't being worked on because of it.

Oh I have no doubt that SE's bigwigs were jerking people around and screwing shame up instead of letting people do their dang jobs. Too much micromanagement and too little common sense from people who didn't know what they were doing. That was pretty clear when we got two sequels to FF13 and the disaster that FF14 was initially with no word at that time on where Versus 13 was at. It may be shaming that they pulled him off that game after all he went through but they had him directing two games at once. I'm pretty sure the bulk of FF15 is done so they probably just feel comfortable with him now focusing purely on KH3. I guess what I'm saying is that we, at least for now, seem to be seeing the guys up top realizing their mistakes and sorting shame out. The turn around on FF14 thanks to Yoshida and Nomura finally getting to focus on one project is a good sign. Now, if they fudge him again and put him to work on another project before KH3 is actually finished, then we can safely say it was just a fluke that they made a couple good decisions.

Hynad

What about no? Nomura's team made many games during that period. My problem with you here is that you pass your assumptions as facts when they obviously are far from being such.

darkknightkryta

What about no? Nomura's team made many games during that period. My problem with you here is that you pass your assumptions as facts when they obviously are far from being such.

How is it far from being such?  What games did the versus team pump out I might ask?  The Kingdom Hearts ports?

Hynad

How is it far from being such?  What games did the versus team pump out I might ask?  The Kingdom Hearts ports?

Since Versus XIII got announced, Nomura directed and/or produced:

Kingdom Hearts Coded
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
The 3rd Birthday
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Type-0
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Final Fantasy All the Bravest
As well as the two Kingdom Hearts HD Remixes

Obviously, he did all those single-handedly.  ;)

darkknightkryta

Kingdom Hearts Coded
The 3rd Birthday
Final Fantasy Type-0

None of those games was his team.

BasilZero

Kingdom Hearts Coded

The 3rd Birthday
Final Fantasy Type-0

Bolded/yellow games are some of the best games made last gen and outshine some of the most mentioned jRPGs of last gen (cough Ni No Kuni, Xenoblade, etc).

Speaking of which cannot wait for 2.5 HD remix! BBS in HD IS GONNA BE GODLY!

Hynad

None of those games was his team.

You mean... The same way FF XIII wasn't his team?

darkknightkryta

You mean... The same way FF XIII wasn't his team?

FF XIII was his team.  Cause they screwed up development so badly they needed his team to work on finishing the game.

Go Up