PS4 hacked?

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Oct 25, 2014, 04:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Oct 25, 2014, 04:29 PM Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014, 04:36 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Link removed.

I dont want to spread the word, but what does this mean for ps4. Is this something to worry about or will it get swept under a rug with an upcoming firmware update.

I'll remove the link once a few of our more knowledgeable members get a look at it.

Most importantly, why do hacker feel the need to ruin everyone else's fun?

Legend

Seems like a non issue.

Mmm_fish_tacos

ethomaz

Mmm_fish_tacos

BasilZero

Legend

I didnt see it :(

It was just a proof of concept I'd guess you'd say. No free games!

BasilZero

It was just a proof of concept I'd guess you'd say. No free games!

Oh so its homebrew, not exactly emulation of games like what they did with the PSP, PS3, Xbox360, Wii and NDS.

I'm familiar with the "underground modding" scene few years back especially when Dark_Alex was active :O  lol.

Legend

Oh so its homebrew, not exactly emulation of games like what they did with the PSP, PS3, Xbox360, Wii and NDS.

I'm familiar with the "underground modding" scene few years back especially when Dark_Alex was active :O  lol.

Not even homebrew hahaha. Only that they gained access to an area they shouldn't have access to. This could be the first step in eventual homebrew or piracy though.

ethomaz

I saw the PM... thanks @Mmm_fish_tacos

I guess it nothing yet.

BasilZero

Not even homebrew hahaha. Only that they gained access to an area they shouldn't have access to. This could be the first step in eventual homebrew or piracy though.

ooh source codes :O

Probably wont lead to anything lol.

the-pi-guy

Ohhh, I see nothing. 

darkknightkryta

It's always fun messing with instruction pointers.  Too bad I was never able to :(