Would you move to the Moon, Mars, or anywhere off Earth?

Started by Legend, May 14, 2018, 04:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Hopefully within 2 decades we will have thousands of people living in space and off Earth. If the cost of moving is affordable, would you personally want to be one of the early movers?

I don't think I would be up for it. I'm not an explorer type person and I'd probably just prefer to take vacations to these places late in my life once that's doable. Plus Mars is just so far away. Even a vacation needs to be at least 2 years long and the internet wouldn't work in real time. The moon would be a way less demanding vacation spot.

(Hopefully BFR works out and this future actually happens)

the-pi-guy

The internet would be interesting on Mars.  

I don't think I could do it.  I think it's amazing that these things are happening and I'd love to donate and help otherwise.  But I don't think I could do it myself .

Unless something big happens.  

BananaKing

Depends on how much hookers cost on Mars and the moon.

Low G naughtiness for the win.

nnodley

I like to think I would, but it would probably just be vacations for me.  I wish I was more of the type of person who would be the one exploring new planets and stuff.  Though i'm in the wrong generation for that probably anyway.  I always tell myself that if space travel was happening when I was a kid I would have most definitely tried to get into that.  Who knows maybe reincarnation is real and I will be born again in a period where space travel is the norm.  ;D

Legend

I like to think I would, but it would probably just be vacations for me.  I wish I was more of the type of person who would be the one exploring new planets and stuff.  Though i'm in the wrong generation for that probably anyway.  I always tell myself that if space travel was happening when I was a kid I would have most definitely tried to get into that.  Who knows maybe reincarnation is real and I will be born again in a period where space travel is the norm.  ;D
Space stuff is going to happen so fast in the next few years. I'd be pretty sad if we didn't have a gold rush of sorts in space during our lifetimes.

nnodley

Space stuff is going to happen so fast in the next few years. I'd be pretty sad if we didn't have a gold rush of sorts in space during our lifetimes.
Yeah I'm like half optimistic/pessimistic that we will have anything for ordinary people to travel to in space.  I would be perfectly happy just being able to go to the moon in my life.

BananaKing

Yeah I'm like half optimistic/pessimistic that we will have anything for ordinary people to travel to in space.  I would be perfectly happy just being able to go to the moon in my life.
If I can piss on the moon, no not in a toilet located on a station. But literally piss on the lunar surface (my suit would need to be able to squirt the pee out you see) I'd be ecstatic and completely content in my life.

Xevross

I like to explore things, but I definitely would not move to the Moon or Mars. I would love to visit down the line though.

SWORDF1SH

Depends on how much hookers cost on Mars and the moon.

Low G naughtiness for the win.
Somebody has been watching Total Recall!

BananaKing

Somebody has been watching Total Recall!
More like red tube lol

SWORDF1SH

More like red tube lol
RedPlanetTube.com. A website with only martian bad stuff.

the-pi-guy

*tries searching*

Image result for sigh of relief

nothing yet.

BananaKing

Hot dang! Sign me up yo!

Legend

I had a dream last night that I won a trip to the ISS. Floating in it and staring down at the Earth was incredible. I woke up feeling the need to be a part of this.

Maybe I would move off Earth.