Marvel's Spider-Man Sold Through 3.3 Million in 3 Days

Started by Xevross, Sep 20, 2018, 01:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Marvel's 'Spider-Man' sold 3.3M copies in the first three days of release | ResetEra

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...record-3-3-million-copies-opening/1346187002/

Beats the God of War record with 3.1M in the first three days of release. And the number doesnt even factor the copies that came with the PS4 Pro Amazing Red bundle

The popular comic-book superhero's recent resurgence has expanded beyond cinemas and into the world of video games, with the wallcrawler's latest self-titled game selling a record 3.3 million copies in the first three days of its release earlier this month.Click to expand...
One million copies were pre-ordered, another record for Sony.

That figure also does not factor in sales of the company's limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro bundle that combines a special Spider-Man version of the console with a copy of the game for $399.99.Click to expand...
"It's met and exceeded all expectations. I think the company, and the campus, and our fans are super proud of it."Click to expand...

Xevross

Very happy for Insomniac. This might be their best selling game already. I can't wait to see more numbers come through for it. If everywhere held like Japan and UK second week then its already flown past 5m.

the-pi-guy

Crazy good numbers.  

lol:

DerNebel

Sep 20, 2018, 02:04 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 02:24 PM by DerNebel
It's not clear to me, due to how it's written, but I believe the "That figure also does not factor in sales of the company's limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro bundle" does not refer to the unit sales, but to the revenue estimate the article made in the paragraph before.

Sony not including the console bundles in their sales number PR would seem weird to me, I've not seen any indication of them doing that before.

Thanks Pi-guy. I would have posted that myself but I don't have a Resetera account.  ;D

the-pi-guy

Thanks Pi-guy. I would have posted that myself but I don't have a Resetera account.  ;D
I'm probably going to get ignored.

I read it over a couple times, and I'm pretty sure you are right.  

That part of the article is pretty poorly written.  It just says "that figure", when there are 3 different numbers that it could be talking about.  

While Sony did not provide an official number, with a retail price of $59.99 for the game the 3.3 million copies translates to roughly $198 million, crushing the $117 million opening weekend box office of the latest solo Spider-Man film, "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

One million copies were pre-ordered, another record for Sony.

Xevross

That part of the article is pretty poorly written.  It just says "that figure", when there are 3 different numbers that it could be talking about.  
Not on my watch! :P

It does make sense. I can't see any reason that Sony wouldn't include bundle sales. Its a poor article, surprised there's no official blog post.

DerNebel

Yeah, sure looks like it. I absolutely hate this kinda shame, this thing is going to be stuck in people's heads from now on as if it was fact.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, sure looks like it. I absolutely hate this kinda shame, this thing is going to be stuck in people's heads from now on as if it was fact.
Same.

Not on my watch! :P
Still ignored.  :P

Tons of people are pushing that it's without the pro bundle.

Cute Pikachu

Congrats to Sony and Insomniac
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

The guy who wrote the article.  

DerNebel

It's like people are deliberately ignoring you -.-

the-pi-guy

It's like people are deliberately ignoring you -.-
Third time ought to be the charm, 4th time including Xev.

Marvel's 'Spider-Man' sold 3.3M copies in the first three days of release | Page 13 | ResetEra

Benji said:  
Hey I still love Era I'm not leaving completely. I just think I'm done giving any sort of inside info. It's a thankless job and the only reward is stress. I've only ever done it to help the sales community and steer conversation to hopefully a better place but at some point it just stops being worth itClick to expand...
Well then… i loved all your work since the beginning. Good luck. :D  

DerNebel

Are you DrApplePi on Reddit? :D

the-pi-guy

Are you DrApplePi on Reddit? :D
Lol.  Yeah. :D

I had a feeling...  

DerNebel

Lol.  Yeah. :D

I had a feeling...  
This is pretty funny  ;D