LTTP: God of War trilogy

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 05, 2018, 02:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

That's commendable actually. Because then you get the surprise of discovering these things while playing, which is always better :D
That's what I try to do.  
I know nothing about most games.  
Heavy Rain I was spoiled on, but mostly I've successfully avoided almost all details about games.  

The funny part about GoW is that the hardest parts of the game are things I didn't know were in it.  

the-pi-guy

GoW 1 completed

the-pi-guy

GoW 2 completed.  

Finished it, in like 2.5 days.  Like 11 hours of gameplay.

So cutscenes are way more consistent in GoW II.  They all seemed to be roughly the same quality, unlike the ones in GoW I.  Gameplay was pretty similar to GoW 1.  Really great stuff.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
Didn't really love that it ended on a cliff hanger, that seems like it'll take the entire 3rd game to finish...

Started GoW 3.  Holy crud this game looks good.  

I think I totally overestimated the remasters.  I thought that GoW 1 and 2 were awesome remasters that weren't too far off from being like an early PS3 game, but GoW 3 practically still looks a generation better.  The scale is monstrous, and the details are just as impressive.  This game is insane.

So far GoW 3 feels like the earlier games, with like a generation of improvement.  It's not just better detail, it's also a wealth more of special effects.  

GoW 3 is just a monstrous jump, even over the remasters.  

Dr. Pezus

GoW 2 completed.  

Finished it, in like 2.5 days.  Like 11 hours of gameplay.

So cutscenes are way more consistent in GoW II.  They all seemed to be roughly the same quality, unlike the ones in GoW I.  Gameplay was pretty similar to GoW 1.  Really great stuff.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
Didn't really love that it ended on a cliff hanger, that seems like it'll take the entire 3rd game to finish...

Started GoW 3.  Holy crud this game looks good.  

I think I totally overestimated the remasters.  I thought that GoW 1 and 2 were awesome remasters that weren't too far off from being like an early PS3 game, but GoW 3 practically still looks a generation better.  The scale is monstrous, and the details are just as impressive.  This game is insane.

So far GoW 3 feels like the earlier games, with like a generation of improvement.  It's not just better detail, it's also a wealth more of special effects.  

GoW 3 is just a monstrous jump, even over the remasters.  
Indeed. Just wait for GoW4!

Kerotan

My buddy played gow3 recently and he was very impressed with the graphics. Back in 2010 or whenever it released they were mind blowing.

Not sure if you plan on playing the other games. Chains of Olympus is alright, ascension and ghost of sparta are pretty good but not as good as the main trilogy.

But the good news is the ps4 game plays very different to them all so you will enjoy it without feeling burnout. I replayed gow3 to platinum it just before gow ps4 released and I didn't regret it at all. Felt zero series burnout playing them back to back.

BTW do you also know very little about gow ps4? Have you watched any trailers?

the-pi-guy

BTW do you also know very little about gow ps4? Have you watched any trailers?
I've only watched 2 trailers.  
So I don't know much .

Dr. Pezus

I've only watched 2 trailers.  
So I don't know much .
Good. Keep it that way

Kerotan

I only watched the reveal trailer and about 10 seconds from the subsequent ones. Not worth spoiling moments from the game.

Go Up